Chapter 108: The Burning Woman

"Michael."

"Michael."

"Michael do you hear me?"

After hearing the constant calls Michael looked down at his watch and sighed "I hear you loud and clear." Michael groveled getting up. He was in the middle of eating lunch before getting interrupted. 

"The eastern district is-" 

"Under attack right?" Michael questioned. He lowered his hand while simultaneously softening his gaze. His eyes were lax, similar to that of an eagle watching their pray from afar.

"Huh, how did you know?"

Michael's gaze softened staring off in the distance. All he saw was a massive ball of smoke. "Just a hunch." Michael walked to the ledge of the building and lightly frowned "Where are all the Heroes in the eastern district?" 

"Defeated, it seems like the criminal this time around is proving to be quite formidable." 

Michael raised a brow, it was rare to hear of heroes being defeated in this day an age. Most of the time backup would arrive before something like that could even occur "Defeated? Not even a single one of them was able to put up a fight?" 

Michael frowned at the thought of so many heroes being defeated. Not only did it make the Hero Association look bad, but it only made the situation worse now none of the civilians were being defended. Michael let out a disappointed sigh "Those guys really need to get their act together."

Michael stepped closer to the ledge now allowing his body to take form. Michael's back rippled before massive white wings sprung from his backside. They extended far casting a large shadow on the streets below him, while a golden halo formed above his head. 

"Do you think you can do it?"

Michael looked down at his watch before springing forward taking flight "I wouldn't be on my way there if I couldn't would I?" Michael zoomed over the city like a bullet crossing half of the northern district in a matter of seconds "James, give me the rundown. What's going on anyways?"

"We are dealing with an A Ranked threat this time around, there are a hundred or so civilians in the premise and 8 or so heroes defeated."

"A rank..." A ranked criminals were rare to come by. Usually they were leaders of groups and considered dangerous enough threats that a higher ranked hero would be required to take them out. "What is their ability? Is it a criminal we've dealt with before?" 

"No, not exactly." James grew quiet "This case is a bit odd compared to the rest, we aren't dealing with a criminal this time around instead an actual beast."

"A beast?" Michael raised a brow closing into his location. Michael could smell the smoke and hear the screams of the civilians down below. Michael cleared his mind focusing in on every voice, how far they were from him and how many were in his range.

Michael could sense them. The emotions they felt, fear, anger, anxiety. All of it filled him into his very core making his body writhe with anticipation. All of these people were waiting, waiting for someone to save them. Waiting for someone to finally show them what a real hero is, and Michael was more than ready to show them. 

Why he was in a completely different league compared to the rest.

A confident grin grew over Michael's lips baring his perfectly white teeth. He couldn't help but feel excited, there were very few moments like these where he was able to show the world what he was capable of doing. Most of his fight ended fairly quickly, or if people needed to be saved it would happen in the snap of a second.

But now there were more people waiting for him, and a threat worthy of his power.

Michael quickly swooped in gazing around to spot the threat. His eyes focused in on a massive beast, a dog with an appearance similar to that of a rottweiler. Its appearance was a bit odd compared to the standard rottweiler though. It stood tall, big enough to dwarf single story buildings, it had fangs as big as trees, a coat as black as night and three similar shaped heads that all stared at Michael furiously.

"That's a really big dog..." Michael admitted. He stared at it for a moment, contemplating how to go about fighting it. It's large size could end up being a problem, if Michael uses too much power he could wipe out the city. But if he doesn't do enough the mutt would do it for him. Regardless Michael needed to act fast, before the mutt does more damage than necessary.

"Do you see what I mean now. It's not a criminal but some form of mythical beast." 

Michael hovered eyeing the three-headed dog with a weary stare "I suppose you're right, I've never seen anything like it." Michael admitted "I didn't even realize monsters like this even exist."

"Do you think you can handle it?"