Chapter 31: Awakening

Water lightly sizzled as firm legs swayed back and forth within a body of water. Steam emitted from the mass within the tube spreading out and taking the shape of a warm cloud.

~Ring Ring~

A loud chime echoed within the bathroom as thin fingers ran against the screen. The fingers had peach like skin, and nails decorated with a bright red paint. The feminine fingers wrapped around the phone gripping it right before being lifted to their ear.

The moisture from the woman's ear leaked against phone screen as she moved in close awaiting the voice of the person on the other line.

"Mei..."

The woman's soft pink lips folded taking the shape of a seductive smile "Hello Mr. Summers it's been awhile hasn't it?"

"Or perhaps I should call you Director and Chief."

"Whatever you choose to call me is fine." His voice was deep, and tense but he held a sense of familiarity with the redheaded woman.

"I want to you go assist the police department immediately."

"No" Mei replied bluntly.

"I wasn't giving you a choice."

Mei let out a soft sigh before picking up a glass resting along the side of the tube and took a deep swig of wine.

"I don't care, I don't get anything out of helping these pointless cops of ours."

"It's a search and rescue mission Nyssa Hale was kidnapped." Mei's crimson eyes widened when she heard the last name 'Hale' pass through her ears.

"Hale...? You mean Erica's daughter?"

"Yes the 6 year old." The director mentioned "I'm sure Erica is running the streets in search for her daughter."

"Interesting..." Mei's eyes peered lightly before glancing out the window to stare up at the starry sky.

"Do you have any idea if that boy will be with her?"

"Boy?"

"Yes Renji Tachibana." Mei repeated.

"I'm not sure, she has registered him officially as her sidekick so it's more than likely he would be." The director admitted.

Mei then stood up allowing the shallow water to slide from her chiseled body revealing her womanly figure. She pressed a button on her phone ending the call with her superior as she stared up at the dark sky intently.

Her skin grew dark becoming a deep red as a perverse smile grew on her face.

"It's only a matter of time until our hearts connect once more Tachibana..."

ACHOO!

A vicious sneeze tore through Ren as snot and spit flew from his nostrils. He rubbed his nose lightly as she sprinted behind Erica.

"You good?"

"Yeah I'm fine" Ren glanced around at the clean alleyways of Vermillion City. It was an odd sight to behold compared to the rat infested streets of Maroon Town.

But I guess that is what you'd expect from the City that the Hero Association resides within.

"E-erm Miss Erica, where exactly are we going?"

"Obviously we are looking for Nyssa, but do you have any idea of where she may be?"

Erica slowed her pace before coming to a complete stop. Her black boots lightly slid against the gravel before focusing her attention on her naive student.