Chapter 47: A Storm Of Swords

LET IT ALL GO AND LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE BEHIND

Those were the words that haunted me.

The ones that remained in my mind for the longest.

The ones that made me stray from my path, and neglected the ones I love.

Loud crashes roared in the distance as blue and yellow streaks fell from the sky. With each crash brought forth a blinding light that illumated the murky grey sky.

Heavy footsteps sunk into the earth leaving shoe shaped scars within the mud. Each step seemed heavier than the last adding a mountain of weight beneath her foot.

As she walked the prints she would leave behind would quickly wash away, due to the sheer amount of water flowing along the coast.

"It's storming again..."

The light thought coursed through her mind only to be forgotten due to the raw emotion that she felt welling up within her. She held her stomach feeling a bit nauseated at the thought of what she was going to do.

A chilling wind blew by only to blow off the hood that shielded her, and to reveal the person beneath the cloak.

It turned out to be a fair skinned woman, one with eyes as chilling as ice, and hair as dark as a crow's feathers.

She appeared to be young perhaps in their early 20s. Their eyes had dark rings around them that resembled a raccoon, making it difficult to tell if it was due to face paint or fatigue.

Her lips quivered into a thin scowl as she continued to walk through the open storm.

"How long has it been..."

"Days...weeks..."

A few subtle thoughts ran through her head as she began to audibly recite them.

"I will find him..."

"I must!"

As her rage continued to brew the crashes of thunder grew louder. Her eyes would jolt a bit whenever lightning struck, coming closer to her with each fleeting moment.

Her hair began to cling to her face as the showers intensified. Her clothes were soaked from a mixture of water and mud, and her feet were practically drowning within her boots.

However this didn't bug her at all, she kept moving forward being driven by the rage surging within her.

As another flashy bolt roared over the coast, her eyes glimmered at the sight of a large cargo ship floating away from the dock. Her body quickly turned at the sight of this, and her pupils stiffened becoming fiercer than ever before.

She shuffled her feet for a moment only to break out in a massive leap that allowed her to break away marshlands. As she landed she burst forward at incredible speeds leaving nothing but a gust of wind in her wake.

She zipped over the open field only to be blasted by the unforgiving surges of water that came her way.

After a few minutes she arrived at the docks only to see the ship sailing a few miles off the coast.

She let out a small grunt becoming a bit annoyed by how troublesome this situation had become. Nonetheless she decided to continue perusing her target anyways.

Her blue eyes narrowed becoming colder than what they were before. The aura that they carried was similar to that of a predator hunting it's prey.

With quick movement she bounced back, falling into an awkward stance before propelling herself forward at inhuman speeds. The spectacle was truly a sight to be held, and clearly a feat no ordinary person would be able to accomplish.