Chapter 188: Tying the Knot

"What do you think?" Suzume swirled back and forth, showing off her new earrings.

Ren admired her from a distance. It was difficult for him to believe he had someone so beautiful to call his wife.

Currently, Ren and Suzume were on their way back to Tengoku Shrine. The shrine was still a ways away, and they thought it best to travel on foot so they could grow more accustomed to the island.

"You look beautiful." Ren couldn't help but smile. It was nice to see Suzume happy for once. With the amount of pain she's suffered at the Fumiko Clan's hands, Ren thought it best to alleviate those bad memories with good ones.

"Really?" Suzume blushed. "You aren't just saying that right?" Suzume lowered her hand, grazing her stomach. As of recently, Suzume's started having doubts about her beauty. She was now almost four months pregnant. Suzume had been gaining weight rapidly, even though it wasn't apparent due to her strange Fumiko physique. The changes happening to her body were starting to bother her.

"Of course not." Ren stood up and walked across the riverbed. "You are absolutely radiating with womanly beauty."

Suzume's face ran through every shade of red before settling on one. She looked away and cuffed her face in embarrassment. But Ren strolled to her and clasped her cheek.

"Are you trying to hide from me, Suzu?" Ren put more emphasis on her name, mimicking Maija's accent. Hearing Ren mimic Maija made Suzume die of laugher. She held her stomach and laughed until her voice gave out.

"That was pretty good." Suzume smiled, wiping the tears from her eyes. After calming herself, Suzume tightened her lips, giving Ren a weird smile.

Ren stepped back, bothered by Suzume's weird stare.

"What's wrong, Renji?" Suzume asked, putting more emphasis on the suffix of Ren's name than usual.

Ren immediately saw through Suzume's plan. She was trying to mimic Maija and went as far as to replicate Maija's exaggerated movements. Suzume swayed her round hips and batted her long eyelashes.

"Alright that's pretty good." Ren laughed, but Suzume wasn't done.

Suzume twirled around him. She gently caressed his face and lavishly smiled like a blue-eyed demon. It was painful how beautiful she was. But who would he be to deny her?

Ren held Suzume's hand. It was soft, and the hairs on the back of his neck stood erect when her long nails grazed his skin.

"Anata." Suzume called softly. Ren and Suzume never were that affectionate with each other. Suzume was always worried about scaring Ren away. While Ren typically was holding himself back.

But after hearing Suzume dive deep, bringing forth her Japanese accent, woke up a beast within him.

Ren twisted Suzume's hand and fell into her dance. He spun her around like a ballet dancer and pulled her in close. "Jaanu."

Suzume widened her eyes. "Oh?" She even smiled somewhat. "Have you been studying?"

"Just a little." Ren chuckled. Suzume kissed him lightly. It was his small reward for learning something within such a short period.

Anata and Jaanu meant the same thing in their respective languages. Anata in Japanese was an affectionate term meaning dear, and the same applied for Jaanu in Hindi.

"Maija's given me some tips." Ren admitted. "Although, learning a new language is tougher than I thought..."

"Oh I bet." Ren's arms tightened around Suzume's waist. Suzume kissed him again and rested her head on his shoulder.