Chapter 11: Kindness

"What the hell are you doing in my house...ant"

Seth's voice glided across the room like a shadow, he had a rather intense presence. His nostrils flared, and the hair on the back of his next began to stand up.

"Who are you calling an ant"

Seth gave Ren a sly smile and tilted his body slightly before bursting out in an outrageous laugh. "You obviously, weren't you one who I stepped on not to long ago?"

The silver haired teen swiftly walked towards Ren continuing to hold his overconfident grin. "I'll be sure to do the same to you again if you'd like?"

The corners of Ren's lips twitched before stretching from ear to ear forming a satisfied grin. "Go ahead and try it you entitled-"

Before Ren could finish his comment he felt a soft hand press against his mouth silencing him. His eyes gazed forward to see Sarah holding him by his jaw, and Seth by his shirt. "Please stop this, I invited Ren here to clear things up with you, not to start a fight."

"All I wanted was a nice dinner and a few nice words to be spoken. Is that asking too much?" Sarah questioned, looking back at the two boys.

Seth's eyes grew at the words that left his sister's mouth. His mouth arched downwards creating scowl "You are a fool Sarah"

He swatted her hand away with his own and placed them into his velvet blue pockets. "I'll never accept someone like him. Besides what is wrong with you, after everything that happened do you insist on shaming our family further by bringing that monkey into our home!" His voice was tense, every word that left his mouth felt like daggers that stabbed into Sarah.

As he continued to spout a variety of words Sarah's concerned frown faded and was replaced with sorrow.

Seth turned causing his silver bangs to shift along with his body "you're better off canceling the dinner."

Ren watched Seth walk back down the hall only to disappear in his room with a silent frown. "What the hell is wrong with that guy..."

"I'm sorry Ren, I must have troubled you quite a bit in asking for you to come here." Her voice lowered in pitch and became increasingly frail. She placed her hand on her wrist and fidgeted with a bracelet wrapped around it "So if you want to leave I total under-"

"I'll stay"

"Wait what"

"If I leave now then that just means everything that Seth said right now is true. I don't want him to be right, but I also know how excited you were to have this dinner..." he then placed his hand on top of her's and smiled joyfully "So let's do this"

Sarah's face immediately became flushed dark red as she felt Ren's hand clap on top of hers. "O-okay...I'll show you the music room first"

Ren glanced down when he felt his phone vibrate repeatedly "Hey Sarah mind if I step out for a second I think I'm getting a phone call"

Ren stepped away from her and walked around the corner to the edge of the stairs. He looked down at his phone and let out a sigh when he noticed Suzume was calling "What would she want at this time..."

"Hello?"

"Hey Renji, I was calling to see how your dinner with Sarah went."

"I'm still here actually"

"Oh my bad... I-I'm sorry for calling I thought-"

"Don't worry about it"

"Though Suzume, if it's okay with you there is something I'd like to talk about tomorrow. So if you are available can you meet me at Waterstone Park?"