Chapter 10: A Dinner With The Family

"You seriously forgot your textbook again?"

Dustin's fingers rubbed against his lock, as he quickly put in the combination. "I don't get what you are doing that makes you forget important stuff like this."

Ren let out a sigh and placed his fingers at the top of his forehead "I swear it's not my fault! It's Erica, she works me like a slave every single day!"

Dustin gave him a questionable smile "Ms. Hale is kind I doubt that she would work you like a slave."

"No that old hag is a demon!" Ren shouted.

"Oh Ren you are already home from school today, good I have some chores for you. Clean out the bathtub, do the dishes, cook me and Nyssa dinner, mop the floors, and do your homework. But when you finish let me know so we can begin our training." Ren mouthed off mimicking her.

"I mean don't you live in her house for free..." Dustin muttered under his breath.

"THAT IS NOT THE POINT!"

Dustin rolled his eyes and shrugged "If you don't like it so much then why don't you just quit?"

"Eh I can't do that!"

"Why not."

"Because"

"Because what?"

"My sister, if I quit then everything she has worked for would be for nothing!" Ren explained. Dustin tilted his head a bit and placed his hand against the side of his face. "Oh yeah I forgot that you have an older sister."

He then lowered his hand and motioned his fingers towards him.

"What?"

"Show me a picture of her."

"Eh, why would I do that."

"Because I'm not going to give you my textbook otherwise."

Ren then fell to his knees and grabbed onto Dustin's waist shaking him back and forth begging. "Wait no I need that or I'll fail the history exam!"

He then reached in his pocket and sighed "Here I think I have one from before I left Azure Town." Ren shifted through his phone for a few seconds before pulling up a picture.

He lifted up his cellphone revealing a selfie that his sister took of the two of them when he was asleep. She had large blue eyes, pale skin, black hair and a large bust. Immediately Dustin snatched Ren's phone as steam shot out from his nose "Holy crap your sister a damn MILF."

Ren let out a small gag in absolute disgust "Ew..."

"Anyways don't get your hopes up she's a lesbian"

"Wait what are you serious?" Tears began to form in the corner of Dustin's eyes.

Ren rubbed the back of his head awkwardly "Well I never have seen her bring any guys home, so I kinda just assumed."

"That's a pretty baseless assumption then..."

"Anyways looking at it now there is a pretty large age gap between you two huh, she looks more like your mom than a sister."

"Well yeah my mom died when I was 3 and Natsumi was 15. So she's been taking care of me since." Dustin then handed Ren his phone and textbook but stared at him intrigued.

"What?"

"Nothing you just don't really bring up your family, so I'm a bit surprised."

Ren's eyes became a bit dull and his voice staggered "Well after everything with Suzume it made me realize that perhaps I had the wrong mentality when I first came here. Just because people are born with money doesn't mean they don't have their own problems that they deal with."