Chapter 33: Silver Oath

"Do you remember the stories Mother used to tell us when we were young?"

There was a light pause as the people occupying the area went silent leaving nothing but the sound of the limousine's tires to create sounds in their stead.

The words that flowed freely belonged to a young woman, she had a thin build with long silver hair tied into a braid and vibrant brown eyes. Her thin pink lips shifted as she adjusted her mouth preparing to speak once more.

"The stories do you remember them?"

"Mother used to tell us plenty of stories. Most of them untrue." A silver haired boy angled his mouth only to press his tongue against his cheek as he silently thought to himself.

After a short pause he spoke once more subtly barraiding his elder sister.

"She told us stories of ungodly creatures who'd sneak into your room at night when you'd misbehave."

"Or a colony of women who occupy an island in the Mediterranean Sea capable of channeling the strength of a 100 men."

"Or a young boy who pulls a sword from a stone only to be blessed with a ridiculous amount of power."

"The boogie man, The Amazons, and Arthur Pendragon." The girl quickly noted as she crossed her legs.

She had a light chime in her voice seeming very satisfied with the annoyance on her young brother's face.

"And from my recollection isn't Arthur Pendragon part of the 10 strongest heroes in the Association?" The girl questioned.

The boy's lips fumbled and a sigh of defeat finally slipped from his lips.

"Seth"

"Hm?"

"Do you remember the story Mother used to tell us about the four noble families?"

Seth dipped his head transitioning into a slow nod.

"Nearly 150 years ago there were four noble families, all blessed with unique traits only born to them."

"The Vermilion's of the west all were known for their silver hair and metallic based abilities."

"The Fumiko's of the east were known for their icy blue eyes, and skill with weapons. More recently they are known for their wealth due to their diamond production."

"Then there were the Wolfe's of the North, all born with blue hair as fine as silk, and blessed with fire based abilities..." As Seth muttered the third family he stopped for a moment.

"Is there something wrong?" Sarah then questioned.

Seth's mind fell back to Ren as he thought about his physical features.

But before diving to deep into it he looked back at his sister and shook his head "It's nothing."

"There was another thing about the Wolfe family mother would always bring up though. Despite them producing some of the most powerful people in history most of the people of that bloodline tend to live short lives."

Seth fumbled his fingers as he listened to his sister's claim. His eyes lowered to focus back on his hands before taking a soft breath "The Woman who tried to destroy the world... she was part of the Wolfe family wasn't she?"

"Yeah she was..."

"How old was she when she died?"

"34"

A light pause coursed through the room after Sarah quickly answered his question.

"Why would someone of a noble house try to bring our world to an end?"