Chapter 29: Family

Large crimson eyes deeply gleamed into massive brown orbs. The crimson eyes had a warm feel to them, possibly due to her epicanthic fold causing her optical structure to narrow.

"I don't see anything Nyssa."

Rounded red fingernails gently grazed against biracial child's skin causing her to relax. The young moss haired girl rested her face against the woman's hand as she spoke in a high pitched tone.

"B-But!"

"I saw it, my eyes they were yellow like yours and Big Brother's."

Erica's lips stayed fastened as simply stared at her daughter. Admiring her wavy green hair, her light pink skin and gem like crimson red eyes. In many ways she was almost an exact copy of herself.

The way she carried herself, her energetic tone, and even possibly in skill. She seemed a bit worried though as she stared at her eyes gently shifting her hand down from her cheek and resting it on her chin to angle her head upwards. Her red nails moved once again sliding up her face and massaging the fold beneath her eye.

"She is really beginning to resemble her father these days..." Erica briefly thought before placing her hand on Nyssa's head and smiling. "That's cute...you were probably just dreaming Nyssa."

"You are a few years too young to learn how to use Kūsō." Erica's round bottom rised from her seat and she moved her hands downwards to brush herself off. She then grabbed a small bowl filled with milk and half eaten cereal and nudged her head towards the living room.

"Anyways let's get going, we are running late."

  The young girl frowned and puffed her cheeks forcing them to grow large. She crossed her arms and kicked her feet up as an annoying whine began to leak from her mouth.

"I don't wanna go to school today!"

Erica let out a soft sigh, seemingly used to this routine. Her finger lowered pressing against a silver buckle along her waste. Without much effort she unhooked the buckle and removed the belt in its entirety folding it and placing it on the table.

Her right eyebrow slowly raised as her brown eyes narrowed staring down upon her daughter. Nyssa went silent immediately stopping her cry and even preventing her last tear to fully roll down her face.
Her eyes were focused on the belt and didn't shift away from it.

"So I'll say it again, let's get going we are going to be late."

Without a moment's hesitation Nyssa leaped from her seat and grabbed ahold of her backpack quickly tossing it on and fastening it to her back.

"I'm ready!"

Erica's frown quickly faded as a warm smile appeared on her face "Nice change in attitude let's go!"

As Erica walked by the girl and quickly opened the door Nyssa's eyes shifted back to the belt on the table. It had a menacing aura that sent chills down her spine.

It didn't take very long for the two to arrive at Nyssa's elementary school. It was a rather large campus formed by multiple buildings connecting and forming a rectangle perimeter.

Several children gathered around accompanied with their respective parents. Some of the children had parents that were heroes others hosting jobs that benefited society in varying ways.

"I guess we weren't the only ones late..." Erica muttered as she looked around in search for the teacher.

Nyssa on the other hand was looking at other things. Her lips remained sealed but her eyes constantly wandered as she held her mother's hand tightly. Her eyes shifted moving from parent to parent noticing a man standing beside their mothers.