Chapter 105: War of the Sovereigns

"What's wrong Ren, I'm sure there are a lot of things you want to say to me."

Michael watched Ren closely, anticipating his every move. If Ren were to run he'd go after him. If he were to attack he'd strike him down, and if he were to fall on his knees and beg Michael would bring him to the chairman to prove his worth.

But Ren did none of those things. Instead he stared at Michael with eyes of caution immediately sensing how threatening of a position he was in. But after some time Ren straightened himself out. Regardless of how he felt about Michael. Regardless of what threat he could become, or what type of hindrance Yushirou could be. Ren couldn't allow himself to falter. He was standing before someone who could end up being his enemy, to show weakness now would be the same as throwing your life away.

Michael half smiled at Ren's hardened glare."He really does look like her." A single look was all it took to confirm Michael's suspicions. From the hair color, to the similarities in how they glare it was as clear as day that Ren was Irene's child.

"There is no point, I already said what I wanted to say." Ren frowned "I'm sure you heard most of it anyways."

"I did." Michael's smile had now vanished replaced with his usual serious stare. Unlike before he didn't seem nearly as daunting, instead calm and a bit more approachable. "It seems like there are some misunderstandings that need to be settled between you and me, and I am more than willing to explain everything after everything else is said and done."

Ren turned his head looking a bit startled "You'll explain everything?" Ren began to lower his guard similar to how Michael had done. "What else is there to explain...you..." Ren stopped himself, remembering that Yushirou, Arthur and Sarah were all there. It would probably be for the best if he remained quiet about the matter, the more people who knew the more dangerous it could be for him and his family.

"There is a lot to explain." Michael ensured "A lot more than even Erica is willing to admit. There are things that I am sure Erica didn't tell you, because she didn't want to think about her beloved Sissy in a bad light."

Both Sarah and Arthur stared oddly at the comment. Neither one were all too familiar with Erica's "Sissy."

The only one who seemed fairly calm about everything was Yushirou. Who simply smiled at Ren emitting nothing more than glee.

"So lets chat after this meeting is all said and done."

Ren was a bit reluctant. Having a personal meeting with Michael screamed bad idea. It could easily be a trap or some sort of ploy to manipulate him the same way he had manipulated Arthur and the other members of Blight.

But with Erica gone, and Natsumi ignoring his calls Michael was the only one who could tell him the truth about everything. The type of person his Mother was, and what led them to clash to begin with.

"Fine."

Michael looked satisfied with Ren's answer once again forming a half smile. He never seemed to fully smile which seemed odd for a hero.

"Excuse me?"

The group turned now noticing Sarah who had remained quiet for most of the conversation. She was trying her best not to interrupt, although hating the idea of people arguing she also didn't want to be inertly rude.

"Ah Ms. Vermillion it has been awhile hasn't it? I hope you are doing well." Sarah smiled at the comment, Michael was always kind to her when he would visit which was quite often. Normally holding meetings with their Father the Mayor about political topics.

"I've been great thank you." Sarah looked over to Yushirou before looking over to Arthur "Why exactly are you two here? You mentioned something about a meeting? Does that mean my Father is on his way here as well?"