Chapter 75: Silver Arrows

Sawyer.

It was the name held by my ancestor, the person who would be renown as the World's savior after this day.

It was a time of chaos and war, with several well known families clashing with one another.

A war fueled by selfish desires...

A war that ended with a lot of bloodshed...

It began with the demise of a woman named Homura, an individual who was perceived as the leader of the Fujiwara Clan. A group of people known as Devils... 

Although known throughout the world of having a reputation of being battle hungry warriors the reality of those rumors couldn't be further from the truth. Just like many of the Natives that once lived upon this land, the Fujiwaran people were only aggressive due to the constant destruction being brought upon them. 

For years the Fujiwaran people were hunted and slaughtered by members of the Fumiko family, as well as lesser families that swore allegiance to them. So in response to the mayhem bestowed to them the Fujiwaran people acted the only way they knew how...

To fight back ensuring their own survival...

But after decades of war a single person stepped up and spoke the unthinkable.

A woman named Homura.

She questioned the point in staying in their homeland if they were going to be slaughtered. By this point the number of the Fujiwaran people were running low. Their clan were less than a 4th of what it used to be, and most of the people remaining were woman and children...leaving few people to be considered warriors. 

So Homura expressed the idea of leaving Fujiwara Island to travel elsewhere, hoping to find land far enough from the Dragons that they feared. 

Of course many objected to Homura's idea, but just as many supported her. Leaving the clan to become split, half of the Fujiwaran people traveled to the west naming Homura a girl of only 14 as their Chief.

Whereas the other half of the Fujiwaran people remained the on the island only to be eventually slaughtered, many years later.

Homura being guided by the wishes of her people, only desired one thing.

To find a place that they could call home.

Which eventually led them to cross paths with my Ancestor.

A boy of 16 known as Sawyer Vermillion.

Although aware of the Fujiwara's reputation Sawyer didn't act hostile towards them, in fact he seemed much more curious about the group of people if anything. The people of this part of the world had only heard rumors about the Fujiwaran people, and had never seen one in person.

To Homura's surprise Sawyer accepted the Fujiwaran people with open arms. Even though many people did reject this idea like Sawyer's childhood friend, a boy named Peter Wolfe

Peter had his own opinions on the Fujiwara Clan, viewing them in a similar way to the Fumiko's considering them nothing more as barbaric savages. This thought process led to many confrontations and clashes between both Peter and Homura, battles that would also lead to more bloodshed and only add more fuel to the incoming fire known as fate.

With these excessive battles a wedge began to form between both Sawyer and Peter, leaving Sawyer to ally himself with Homura thus causing Wolfe and Vermillion family to be at odds with one another.

After many years more alliances were formed along both sides.

The Vermillion's gained the support of the Delacroix family (Nadine's ancestors), as well as many other lesser households from Europe. But with these alliances one major alliance was properly formed through marriage.