Chapter 8: We Are The Vermillions

Start bij het begin

"Can't wait to chat with you again Erica"

The following day

Scarlet red eyes peered out of the foggy window to make out a building in the distance. It's been a week since the incident at the Fumiko home, and 3 weeks since he started attending Goldendale Academy.

"I want you home by 3 today"

"What why I was supposed to hangout with Dustin today?" Ren asked in confusion.

"ITS BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

The hair on the back of Ren's neck began to stand up by how loud Erica shouted.

The two panted heavily, Erica from how loud she yelled, and Ren out of nervousness. She moved back and sank into the seat of the car "I'm sorry I just..."

The white part of her eyes began to redden as she placed her head against the steering wheel "...Want you to be safe"

Ren stared up dazed and opened up the car door only to get out of it. He gripped at his backpack and didn't say anything as he walked to school.

Immediately when he entered the academy he was greeted by the glares of several other freshman. Of course this wasn't anything new to him, due to him starting off his reputation by calling everyone in his graduating class out.

His attention shifted from right to left only to see the harsh stares of the people around him. Some had eyes filled with disgust, and others with disbelief.

As he began to walk forward the stares became more and more intense. A uncomfortable sweat rolled down his forehead, and the pressure of their stares slowly weighed him down.

The students didn't speak as they watched Ren awkwardly walk to his locker. His footsteps echoed against the tile floor which sent waves of uneasiness throughout his body.

Within a single moment Ren stopped, he was in the view of his dark red locker only to be left astonished by its new appearance. The locker had massive black letters on it that spelled out the word "Peasant"

His scarlet eyes quickly became dull and his hair shifted allowing it to hang forward and hide his eyes from the public. However he continued forward and quickly spun his lock putting in the combination. As the door swung open he was shocked to see a large bubble crammed into his locker. It was filled with an odd black liquid, but after a snap from a student the bubble burst and released a wave onto him.

Immediately the room was filled with laughs of various students.

"That idiot totally fell for it"

"That's what he gets talking all that smack to us."

"A filthy mongrel like that doesn't deserve to be here with the elite"

Light footsteps echoed down the hall, as they became louder the voices of the students lowered. Soon enough everyone averted their gaze onto the two people standing in the center of the room.

They both wore the red and silver uniform but had badges placed onto their shoulders.

The badge read Goldendale Student Council

The students froze in fear and all began to whisper among themselves "How rare of them to show their faces before class starts like this..."

One of the students stepped forward, he had Noble like look to him. His silver hair was combed and neatly parted to the right. His eyes were as clear as the Hawaiian sea, and his teeth were as pure as snow. He smiled brightly at Ren and spoke in a charismatic tone as if he were trying to draw him in.