He never saw it coming.

Start from the beginning

This if for me, for he took the last bit of innocence I had left of me at the age of ten. Fucking bloody ten years old.  After he destroyed any chance of me ever being a normal girl, he kept doing it, again and again. But not anymore. I've lived through that long enough.

We've lived his terror long enough. Now, it's time for it to end. Forever.

Did you know that he threatened to kill my mother, brother and soon to be sibling, if I ever told? If I told his filthy deeds. What he did to me. Yes, I couldn't even seek for help. All I had was my best friend Sarah, she knew it all.

She tried to help once, but even that he ruined. As soon as he noticed that he could have been caught, he made us move far, far away from there.

No more normalness. He only ruins everything. He thinks he can't be touched with his honorary medals and stupid awards for having gone to war and serve our country. Well, too bad he didn't die in service. Maybe then we could have never met you. Never known you. Never lived what you could do.

Too bad wishing on a star doesn't work.

 I'm fifteen now, and I'm smarter now, as well as stronger. I've planned this long enough. I've held my tongue long enough.

I quickly turned my head to the door, as I heard the front door of our two story home close hard. Shaking the house in the process.

 He's home. I settled back in my position. 

I didn't tell my mom or brother about my plan, he's only five, I wouldn't bare for him to suffer longer. I wouldn't bare for my mother to suffer. Or my little brother or sister on the way. It's not his or her fault that her father is an asshole. It's not.

 I sat silently in my room, door open as usual. dark with only the hallway's light and moon beams being my source of light.

He'll be here soon, he always is.

I slowly got up from my corner, and slowly made my way to my bed, weapon on hand.

I heard muffled yells coming from downstairs. I knew it was probably him screaming at my mother for something stupid again. He always did when he came home from work. Always. 

I heard a hard crushing sound, and I knew he had shoved my mother somewhere. But I didn't do anything, I stayed still, right where I was. In my bed, filled with disgusting memories of him, visiting me at night, for his sick games.

A tear slid down my face, as I whispered an apology to my mother.

"I'm sorry mom, but I'll make things better. I promise."

 I heard silent cries as I understood my mom pleading, "Please don't, Jacob! Leave him out of this!"

The moron was going after my brother, once again his favorite punching bag, "Run baby, go and hide!" I heard my mom cry out to my little brother. Yes, run Jonna, run for today's the last night this will ever happen again.

 I heard more screams, and then I heard heavy steps going up the stairs, "No, leave Emma alone! Don't!" I heard my mom muffle out of her now raspy voice. 

 I wonder what he did, but then again I didn't. It doesn't matter now, all that matters is that everything goes according to plan. So far, it's been going well. Painfully well.

I could hear each of his steps coming closer and closer to my bedroom. I pretended to sleep, my savior just hidden under the covers, safely tucked beneath me, as I lay on my side. Like I always did.

 He walked into my room, making the loose piece of wood on the floor creak. He smelled of whiskey and cheap alcohol; all mixed up with the dusty stank of cigarettes and cheap cologne.