65. The House Of Giovanni (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Francesco noticed they were getting close to the Giovanni mansion as the roads around them had signs stating "private property of the Giovannis".

Francesco reminded his children " Name the rules for tonight for me."

Vienna stated " No fights, no arguments and if anyone makes us feel uncomfortable we come to you father."

Francesco smiled " That's correct princess." He then turned to Adele and squeezed her waist slightly " Rules shouldn't be ignored. Isn't that right sweetheart?." Of course he didn't need his wife to repeat his rule for the night. He had made sure she knew of them and remembered them from last night.

Adele nodded " Of course. My husband is always right."

Francesco took a deep breath. He still had the same excited feeling he had the first time he had heard her call him, her husband. He felt strong. He felt like nothing could hurt him and much more when his wife acknowledged him as her husband. He kissed her hair and whispered " Take care sweetheart." He then turned to his children " You keep an eye on your mother. You would tell me if anyone was bothering her. All right children?"

All his children nodded " Yes father."

Vincenzo objected " As if. Father. No one dares upset mother as along as you are alive."

Francesco thought to himself " No one except you. I will try to kick it out of you soon."

Before Francesco could respond, Adele laughed " Thank you Vincenzo. You tell that to your father."

Francesco turned to Adele. He liked it when she laughed. He missed her laughter so much when he was at work. He wished he could tickle her right there and then to get more laughter out of her.

He nodded " You never know. Be on alert."

The car stopped at the gates and of course it was time for airport style security checks that were necessary carried out by Giovanni guards. Whatever those guards did, Francesco made sure he did the next time a Giovanni came to visit and they knew that. So it didn't take long. The car drove past security and approached the mansion in the massive compound.

Vienna knew Tristan was here. She was still worried about her father meeting Tristan here. She hoped there was no clash that day.

As Vienna got of the car after her parents, Francesco spotted her pendant that suddenly came of display as she put her hair behind her shoulders. That was a reminder of that kid who had fallen for his only daughter. She was his baby daughter. His princess who was an innocent as her mother. That kid had a lot of convincing to do if he wanted to take out his daughter on a date. No one was worthy of her in his eyes and no one could ever be. If he was not an O'Neil, he could reject him without even interrogating him. But he was an O'Neil, a perfect honourable one too.

Tristan annoyingly ticked all the boxes for Francesco. He was perfect. But Francesco was still feeling unease about him. He wished he hadn't come forward when he had. But again it was prom time. He anticipated his daughter to want to attend the prom like everyone else with a boyfriend of hers. Other girls did. He was hoping she picked some one who was a weakling so he could throw him out of the equation with good reasons too. It was easy to dismiss certain families. But no, this was an O'Neil who's heart beat for her. Vienna was wearing his pendent which told him, that his daughter didn't mind Tristan. That kid was quite intelligent sending him a message with that pendent. He was smart like his father and smooth. He had claimed his daughter with that pendent.

The Rosario family made their way through the front yard to the mansion as the guards were everywhere watching. The Rosarios entered the main mansion and were lead to the party room which was the main hall for ceremonies and parties. The room was nicely decorated and food were laid out nicely on tables around the room. The place was packed. The music was loud.