97. A Dance & SleepOver (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

He was trying hard to protect his children from the realities of being a Rosario. He wanted them to have some normal teenage days unlike himself.

He then glanced back at the crowd of boys at the other side of shopping mall as they went to the sandwich stand and got on with drinking soda. The boys knew to keep their distance from his daughter in the shopping mall that belonged to him but he knew Tristan was going to surely approach Vienna. The young man was fine but he still wished Tristan didn't ask his daughter out so soon... He was not ready to see her have an O'Neil name hovering around her... It was too soon. But when was he ever ready for anything that life threw at him?

Ever since the day he was born Francesco remembered that his choices were never his own and he had to fight hard for the ones that became his choices. Francesco had to grow up fast and had to face and handle what he wasn't ready for. He was always pushed into a path and he had to fight for survival. Only when he had met Adele he had realise there was one choice in life that no one could take away from him. The choice of loving someone was his only. Even if his father pushed him into an arranged marriage, he still could not make him fall in love with a random woman ... When Francesco looked at his life, only his wife was truly what he had that he truly always wanted and of course the children that his wife carried for him were the most precious gems in his life .

He was hoping he could get his life to a level that his children could always make their own choices and they could ... almost .... They carried the curse of the Rosario name that came with wealth and power but also enemies. He was glad his sons were on his side and loyal to him. He needed them to protect each other and the family. Someone had to take care of this family when he was gone and he had full faith in his sons to do the job after he couldnt. Death could come to him any day.

Francesco heard Emanuelle's voice from bhind him " Francesco? Whats on your mind?" He was sitting on a sofa drinking from an Irish whiskey bottle that he had brought with himself to Francesco's office as he was flipping through the folder he had in front of him on his lap.

Francesco turned around " My sons..." He then turned back around looking outside the window.

Emanuelle took a sip from his whiskey bottle as he looked at Francesco. He sighed and put the bottle and the folder on the table and stood up "Well. That makes the two of us... I am thinking of your sons too... Especially the younger one..."

Francesco raised an eyebrow as he put his drink glass on the table and leaned to the wall staring at Emanuelle " Why would you think of my sons? Have they done something to offend you?"

Emanuelle shook his head as he walked slowly towards Francesco " No. they are quite diplomatic actually. Your older son my have been cursing me in his mind as I was talking to him on that day we put his girlfriend on trial... But no, I am not offended... Intrigued.. yes.. offended... no..."

Francesco found Emanuelle standing in front of him now " Then what's the issue?"

Emanuelle put his hands on his pockets as he stood in front of Francesco " You need to push Viggo harder. Someone needs to challenge your oldest son when you are unavailable."

Francesco spoke " Viggo can challenge him..."

Emanuelle spoke " I meant as an equal.. Viggo is not Costanzo ... you can't just give him the role of a lawyer or negotiator. Alexander is being trained by Antonio to be a negotiator and Stefano is learning all his father knows. Costanzo is already training a lawyer for you... If you have Stefano you won't need Viggo to hold his hand... You need Viggo in the hot seat alongside Vincenzo..."

Francesco spoke " Its not that simple... He doesn't want it... Viggo is not interested in leading...."

Emanuelle spoke " I am aware of that. He is not as ambitious as Vincenzo but he is capable... I have seen his report cards in Sancia's office. His scores are close to Vincenzo's. When I observe him I see a lot of you in him. I don't see Costanzo or Angelo in him at all... He needs to he put on the spot to be forced to make decisions. I can help you do that on our trip and I hope you let me..."