G1!Perceptor x Reader

{Request}

{Song Above: N/A}

He always seemed to know everything, mostly about physics and logistics. He was the Shockwave of the Autobots, that's the title you gave him. He was always working, almost sparked to it even. You could barely understand it-how could he love his work so much when all it was is stress and constant attention? He hardly paid you attention, that's for sure.

As you sat in that chair, watching Preceptor work his 'magic', all you could think of was how to get him to look at you. Even if you had a conversation he didn't look up from the data pad he stared at day in and day out. Even if you wanted to show him something he never looked up yet always acted as if he saw it, as if you were a burden to him.

At least, that's what you thought. That's what you saw it as. Kind of like a punishment for nothing in particular. You joined the Autobots mainly to stay by his side, he seemed so passionate about it. How could you say no when all he talked about was making everything right? When he asked for you to be by his side with him?

You looked at the floor beneath Preceptor's peds. The soft sound of metal against metal, it would be soothing of Preceptor wasn't pacing a trail into the floor. To the right, to the left. All he did was look down at his data pad, talk aloud to mainly himself, and then only look up to look at the mother board computer.

You were growing so tired of it all. You were starting to feel so drained, so mentally and even physically exhausted. So tired of no one listening, so tired of being ignored. You were so tired of being nothing but a shadow in his wake.

"Do you ever get tired?" You asked suddenly, your own tiredness making its way out. You had cut Preceptor off when you asked this. He seemed to pause for a second-only a second-before going back to his usual work.

"Of course I do, everyone does." He said simply, turning to the mother board computer and typing. He studied the contents of the cybertronian context before typing again.

"No," you said, looking up slowly from the ground. "I mean... Do you ever get tired of this? Of constantly working? Don't you ever want a break?"

"With the Decepticons ready to make their move at any moment?" Preceptor widened the screen and studied it further. "I wouldn't dream of it. Shockwave is constantly on the move with his work, Soundwave is constantly listening and watching our every move. I am the only one that can create something to protect the Autobots-to protect the remaining Cybertronians alive within the universe."

As he talked, he only worked faster, as if driven by his own words to work even harder than ever. You watched as he typed away his anger, his pain even. You slowly looked up to his cyan optics, watching as they danced across the screen and read so fast you couldn't even see where he was looking.

You were silent. Your optics slowly fell down to your lap, carefully grazing your digits over your servo. You took a deep breath before standing.

"Wheeljack is always an option. Ratchet may not know much, but he's also one to make magic happen, Preceptor. Hell, the Dinobots were created thanks to them." You made your way towards the door, wanting to do something other than sit around and watch your bondmate work his life away.

"Now hold on a moment," he called, still not looking away from the computer. "Where are you going? If you plan on leaving the city-"

"I think Spike would my company more than you," you snapped. You looked back, for the first time in near months to ever see him looking at you. His face was tired, just like yours. He looked at you confused, a bit of guilt tracing his face. "You should get back to work." You turned back around and left the building.