TFP!Optimus x Reader

{Request}

{Song Above: Tag Your It}

Optimus was reading his datapad silently. You were beside him reading it with him. It was pretty quiet.

"Optimus?" You asked suddenly. Optimus looked over to you. "When will the Decepticons come back?"

Optimus was silent. He was in thought. The Decepticons have been missing for some time now. He honestly didn't know the answer.

Placing his datapad down he sighed. "I am afraid that I do not know," he said finally. "Though I hope that they do not cause much trouble when they return."

You looked at your hands/servos in silence. The tension in the air was thick. It almost hurt to breath.

Optimus carefully wrapped his arms/servo around you. He gave you a calm look. "I promise you that you are in no danger. You are safe with us."

"How many times are the Decepticons going to come back?" You whimpered on the edge of tears. "We've lost so many... They won't give up."

"Neither will we," Optimus said. "We will fight. We won't give up without a tough fight."

"What about me?" You asked. "I want to give up. They'll win anyway. They have hundreds left! Look around and count our numbers, Prime," Optimus looked to the side. "We're going to die."

"I will not let that happen," he said. "I promise you with my life."

You looked away. "Exactly. With your life. What I'm terrified of."