Hundred Ninety Six

(A/N)

Dear oh dear, we're running out of chapters.

**

Alex took a deep breath as he walked into Scott's room again, seeing Avi sitting on the edge of the bed.

Avi glanced over. "Alex? What are you--?"

"Just listen to me for a second... I... I don't really know what to say, here. And... I don't know what's up with you and Mitch. But... If you're not attracted to me anymore, I think I deserve to know that."

"What? That's not true. I'm still very attracted to you."

"Then why are you having wet dreams about somebody else..?"

"I don't really know, just... He's cute, can't deny that. And... When I was drunk at his party, I thought he was into me. And it just got me thinking, I guess... But I wasn't ever gonna put it into action."

"How can I believe you..? After what I just saw?" Alex could feel his eyes fill with tears, but he chose to ignore them.

"I don't know. But you just have to trust me."

Alex shook his head slowly. "I do trust you, Avi... But I think I just need some time to think... I just need time."

"I understand... Please forgive me, Alex. You mean so much to me."

Alex was brave enough to reach out and run a finger gently down the side of Avi's face. "I know, honey... You mean a lot to me, too... And that's why this bothers me so much..."

*

Scott was the next to go in, Alex trading him places.

Mitch was sitting on the couch, legs bent so his chin could rest on his knees.

Alex sat directly beside him, putting a hand on one of Mitch's thighs. "Are you okay, honey?"

Mitch nodded once, looking up at him. "I'm fine. Only kind of uncomfortable... And I'm sorry, Alex. I know it's not my fault, but I can't help but feel kinda bad... I should've been more direct with him, and... And told him to knock it off when he was fake flirting with me."

"No, no... Don't do that to yourself. That's silly. You have no reason to feel guilty about this."

Mitch paused, and then set his hand on top of Alex's. "How are you, Alex..? You're handling this very well..."

"Honestly, I kinda just wanna go home and cry for a little while." He chuckled, looking away from Mitch. "I feel like I'm being dramatic though... It's not like I walked in on him cheating, right?"

Mitch moved his hand to be on Alex's shoulder. "Honey.. Don't say that. Come here."

Alex responded by leaning over to rest the side of his head on Mitch's shoulder, hand still on Mitch's knee.

"You can cry if you want to... It's okay. You have every right to be upset."

Alex sniffled a little, as if Mitch giving him permission was all he needed to fall apart. "Okay."

"It's gonna be okay, babe." Mitch mumbled softly, turning his head slightly to kiss Alex's hair.

Scott walked into the room too, taking a seat on the other side of Alex with a huff, leaning his head back and closing his eyes. "Fuck this shit, man."

Mitch glanced over, his arm slipping over Alex's shoulders when Alex turned his face to hide in his neck. "How'd it go?"

"Fine. Yelled at him. Smacked him once. Feel better though."

"Oh dear... What did you say to him?"

"That if he ever comes near you again, I'm gonna punch him in the nose. If he says anything sexual to you ever again, I'm gonna break his teeth. And if I ever hear of him having another dream like that, I'll take you and Alex and we'll move to Europe."

Mitch glanced over at him. "You're so aggressive."

"Well sorry. I don't like him thinking of you that way. That pisses me off."

Alex sniffled again. "This is terrible. I hate this."

Scott opened his eyes to look at him. "Oh, fuck... Are you crying?"

"Maybe..."

Mitch kissed Alex's head again. "It's okay. Let it out, honey... You rarely, if ever, cry. So just... Go ahead."

*

Before Avi could leave, Mitch ran out to the driveway when Scott went to the bathroom.

Mitch rushed over to knock on Avi's window, just as Avi turned the car on. Avi jumped, but turned to him and rolled his window down.

Avi shook his head quickly. "Hey, you can't be here. We can't be talkin' to each other."

"No, I just... I just wanna know... You have Alexander Kirk, like.. Wrapped around your finger. Do you understand how many people would kill to be in your place? Like... Every girl at our school, as well as like half the boys. So why on earth are you going around thinking about other people?"

"I didn't intend to. I was drunk, and I got an idea in my head. But I'd never actually do anything. I know how much of a blessing Alex is; I know I don't deserve him."

Mitch looked down at the ground. "You hurt him, Avi... He gave you a part of him that he doesn't usually give out, and... And you hurt him."

"But I didn't mean to. It's not like I'm in control of my dreams."

"No, I know. But... Your dreams come from your brain. And I know for a fact that you were willing to fuck me when you were drunk. And drunk actions are sober thoughts, so."

"That's not even fair."

"I'm just saying, that's all... I just... I love Scott, and I love Alex, and... Somehow you managed to hurt both of them today."

"I love them too, Mitchell." He snapped. "I didn't mean to hurt anybody." He rolled his eyes, and put the car in drive. "Get away from me. Go inside."

Mitch leaned down a little to put his elbows on Avi's window. "Don't do that. I just... Will you explain it to me a little? Please?"

Avi shook his head once. "No, Mitchell. Get off of my car. I'm dead serious." He was almost angry enough to just drive away, but he stopped and looked over at Mitch again. "Take care of them for me. Okay?"

Mitch nodded slowly, and held his hands up in surrender, backing away from the car. "You have my word."

*

Scott grabbed Mitch's arm as soon as he walked back into the house. "What are you doing? Did you talk to him?" He tipped his head a little, squinting. "Did he do something to you..?"

"No, no, of course not. I just... Wanted to ask."

"Ask what?"

"Why someone that has Alex all to himself would go fantasizing about other people. Why someone that has someone as wonderful as Alex, would get drunk and try to fuck his best friend's boyfriend, and then later have sexual dreams about his fiancé."

"So you just walked out there and asked him?"

"Uh huh."

"And what did he say?"

Mitch tried to pull out of Scott's tight grip on his arm. "Please let go of me."

Scott let go immediately, and took a step back. "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that..."

"Is Alex still here?"

"I think he's asleep on the couch. He just... Kept crying until he fell asleep."

"My poor baby..." Mitch peeked over at him laying on the couch. "I feel awful for him..."

"Yeah, I do too.

**