Hundred Ten

Scott's hand stayed on top of Mitch's tattoo the entire drive home. "Did anybody want to get food before we get home? It's like... Close to dinner, isn't it?"

"Kinda." Avi muttered. 

Scott gently moved his hand further down Mitch's leg, being careful with the sore skin. "Hey, Alex? Where do you wanna eat?"

Alex glanced over, looking at him through the rear view mirror. "Oh, uh... Wherever is fine. I don't mind..."

"I feel like we never ask you, so.. It's your turn."

"Am I allowed to say... Wherever Mitch wants to go?"

Mitch giggled a little. "I don't think that counts."

"But you had a needle on your skin earlier. I think it's only fair."

Avi waved him off. "We don't needa argue. Just make a decision, Mitch."

Scott glanced over at Mitch. "We can go to your favorite, if you want."

"It's too expensive."

"No it isn't. I can pay--"

Avi was the one to snap at him. "Scott, if I hear that out of your mouth one more time, it'll be the last thing you ever say."

Scott genuinely looked apologetic. "Oh, sorry. I... I won't."

Alex frowned at Avi. "I think it's nice of him to offer."

"Yes, I know, but we are all very aware of how much money he has."

Scott pouted a little. "I wasn't trying to brag, I just wanted everyone to be reassured that it's not a problem."

"We know it isn't a problem, Scott. You bought a new car just because you felt like it."

"That's not true. I had to sell a car to buy that. A car that was worth a lot more, by the way."

Avi frowned at that, but Mitch was unaffected. "I would like to point out, that Scott impulsively got us a hotel room down in Vegas last summer and also paid for the both of us to fly down there."

"But--"

Alex interrupted him. "Meanwhile, the rest of us couldn't even pay for that with all our money combined."

Scott sighed, pulling his hand from Mitch's leg. "I wasn't trying to be a shitty person. I hate that you guys feel like I'm being garbage."

Mitch reached over to steal his hand back. "Nobody said you were, Scottie."

"Then what is this argument? Why are you mad at me, Av?"

Avi looked out his window. "Sorry. I'm being snippy today, I think."

Scott glanced back at him. "Is something wrong?"

"Nah. Just a weird day is all."

Mitch turned fully to smile at him. "Do you wanna decide where we eat? Might make you feel better."

"No. I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't wanna grab something you don't--"

"I said--" Avi exhaled, and looked at Alex in an almost shocked way. "What the fuck is wrong with me today?"

Scott smirked a little. "I have good news; Mitch's favorite place has alcohol."

*

"Avi Benjamin Kaplan, you know that I will physically fight you if you lay another hand on my drink."