Twenty Six

Scott waited in his car for a little less than a minute, before Mitch came hurrying out of the building to join him.

Mitch sat down in a rush, looking over at Scott. "Sorry. I had to pee so bad, you wouldn't believe."

"Don't apologize, babe. As if I'd be mad at you for something like that."

Scott began driving out of the parking lot, wary around teenage drivers. "I have something to give you. Do you have the time to come over to mine for like... Ten minutes?"

"Sure." Mitch responded instantly, before he shook his head. "Wait, you shouldn't have gotten me anything. Why did you do that?"

"Well... I love you, silly."

Mitch rolled his eyes. "Why would you do something stupid like that?"

"I don't know. Didn't really have a choice."

*

After arriving at Scott's and walking in the front door, the first thing Mitch noticed, was that Scott's dad was in the living room sitting on the couch.

Scott walked past him without saying anything, and Mitch grabbed his hand to follow him, hoping Scott's dad wouldn't see.

Rick turned his head though, and shouted at his son. "Hey! Who the fuck is this?"

Scott just glared at him. "This is Mitch. How about you say hello to him like a normal person, and not an insensitive asshole?"

Rick turned to Mitch and gave him a once over. "Hey. What's your deal?"

Mitch was suddenly very insecure of himself, and even his clothes which was odd. He was usually the most confident in his clothes than anything else. "I'm a friend of your son's. It's nice to meet you, um... Sir."

Scott quickly mumbled. "His name is Rick."

Rick waved a hand in Scott's direction. "Shut up. I like 'Sir' much better."

"You're disgusting. We'll be down the hall."

"I don't care what you do." Rick grumbled, taking a sip of his beer.

Scott rolled his eyes, and dragged Mitch into his bedroom, closing the door loudly behind him. "Jesus fuck. I'm sorry, Cutie."

Mitch just shrugged. "He looks like you. It was nice to meet him."

"Don't ever compare me to him. Please. That's all I ask."

"Okay. I'm sorry."

"Yeah. Okay. We can leave now if you want."

"Oh! The present was meeting your dad, I get it. Very cool." He said genuinely.

Scott just shrugged. "Yeah."

Mitch took a small step forward, and slowly ran his hands up and down Scott's upper arms. "Hey... Calm down, babe. If you're upset that he was mean to me or something, don't be. It's fine."

"No, just. Sometimes he gets drunk, and likes to hit on every living thing that comes near him. But it's disgusting. And I'm not gonna let it happen to you."

"Oh. Oh... It's okay. If anything happened, you'd be there to help me. So, it's fine."

Scott looked down at the ground, and then slowly walked forward to slide his arms around Mitch's stomach to hug him. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"Too late."

Mitch frowned, and pushed him away a little. "Can I do something to make you feel better?"