Sixty Seven

Avi walked back into the school, marching right back into the locker room.

The Coach was cleaning up his bloody nose, standing in front of the mirror. He turned to Avi when he heard the door. "What the fuck--?"

"Don't start. You have nothing to say to me. But I... I just want to know why."

Coach scoffed, looking away. "Go home, kid."

"Don't patronize me. Answer my question." Avi walked closer to him.

"You're seriously asking me that? You're asking a divorced man why he occasionally gets help from his athletes?"

"Help?" Avi spat. "There's a better word for that."

"Yeah? You think you know something?"

"Just." Avi shook his head. Why the fuck did he come here, again..? "How long has this been going on?"

"Why aren't you asking him?"

"Because I'm not. Just tell me."

"Couple days, maybe. I don't know."

"You don't know?"

Coach glanced over at him, squinting a little. "Oh, I get it." He took a few steps closer to Avi. "You're mad at me for touchin' him because he hasn't let you do the same. Is that it? I got there first, and it pisses you off."

"You forced yourself onto him. You took advantage of a minor. I'm not even a little bit jealous of you, you fucking sex offender. So don't you try that angle."

"Doesn't matter how it happened. I touched him first." The Coach moved forward again. "So what is it, then? You like him? Love him? Or is it just because he's fit?"

"I'm not going to explain myself to you, and if you keep it up with these dumb ass questions I'll be sure to break your nose this time around." Avi snapped.

The Coach nodded slowly. "Mhmm. You love him. Does he not know? Because he seemed pretty eager to come to me and--"

Avi punched him square in the nose, as he'd promised. "Don't you fucking talk about him like that. He didn't come to you, you forced him to!"

"Never held a gun to his head." The Coach mumbled, now holding his nose.

Avi shook his head quickly, and turned to go. "I don't know why I fucking came here. Expected you to be a slightly better human being, I guess."

The Coach stood back up. "So why did you come, then? If you're in love with him, I can only assume you're here to beat me up. Or... Are you here to ask how far I got? How much he gave me that he won't ever give you?"

Avi stopped walking. "You're fucking disgusting. Do you know that? He didn't give you anything. You took it from him."

"Unless he was a virgin before he walked in here--"

Avi spun so fast he didn't even blink. "No you fucking didn't. Tell me that you didn't."

The Coach smiled at the look on Avi's face. "Maybe I did. Would that bother you? That you'll never be his first?" He stepped even closer. "You'll never get to see his untainted, pure body face to face the way I did?"

Avi stepped back, and a hand came up to his mouth. Just thinking about it made him want to puke all over this guy. "Shut the fuck up."

"You'll never get to feel him the way I did. You'll never get to hear him when he--"