Thirty

The next day, Scott and Mitch only had one class together the entire day.

And during that class, Scott was a good student, doing his work and everything.

Mitch was slightly impressed, until finally he saw Scott scribble something down and fold the note up to pass to the girl next to him.

Mitch rolled his eyes but continued working. Whatever Scott decided to do, was none of his business.

He'd almost forgotten about it, until the boy in front of him turned to toss a note onto his desk. Mitch peeked at it, unable to resist when he saw his name on the top of it.

Why hadn't Scott just passed it directly to him..? Whatever. Didn't matter.

Mitch opened it, and grinned widely at the, 'You have such a gorgeous smile.'

He glanced over at Scott, seeing him smirking and blushing a little.

Mitch tossed the note onto Scott's desk. "You couldn't have just said that?"

"Not as cute."

Mitch rolled his eyes a little, looking back toward the teacher. "Okay."

Scott stared at him for a little while, and then turned back to the lesson.

A few minutes later, a note plopped itself on Scott's desk. Scott slowly sat up a little, sparing Mitch a glance.

Mitch had been scribbling something down in his notes, but he glanced back at Scott, giving him a smile.

Scott just shook his head slowly, and opened the note on his desk.

Mitch tilted his head, and reached over to tap Scott's arm. "What's that?" He whispered.

Scott scoffed at him. "As if."

"Scott, I'm serious. I didn't write that."

Scott just frowned, picked up the note, and tossed it onto Mitch's desk. "I don't want it, then."

Mitch rolled his eyes at Scott's childish-ness, and picked up the note to read it.

After scanning over it, Mitch frowned, and set it back down to stare at it. "Someone thinks you're cute."

"Oh yeah. I bet they do."

Mitch held up the note to show him. "Why would I lie about that?"

Scott reached over to snatch the note from his fingers. "What..?"

Mitch looked around the room, glaring at everyone to see if someone was looking at Scott to take credit for the note.

Scott turned the note over in his hand a few times, frowning at it. "But I--?"

The teacher interrupted. "Excuse me, Mr. Hoying? Is something interesting back there?"

Scott didn't even look up. "Well I'm sitting next to the cutest boy in class, so--"

Mitch snapped at him quickly. "Scott!"

Scott glanced over, before looking up at the teacher, now that he'd gained the attention of the entire class. "Oh. I'm sorry?"

"No, no." The teacher leaned against his desk. "Whatever you were talking about must've been interesting. Please. Share with us."

Scott squinted at him. "Let's see... First we talked about how wonderful his smile is. Then we talked about how fucking sexy--"

"Scott, please." Mitch snapped at him again, quieter this time.

The teacher took a small step forward. "I beg your pardon, Mr. Hoying?"