Ninety Four

Scott watched as Mitch slowly unbuttoned his shirt; Scott hardly even breathing. 

Mitch then bent a little to see the tattoo closer, holding both sides of Scott's flannel out of his way. "Oh wow... Scott, you didn't have to... To do this."

Mitch slowly ran his fingertips along the colorless tattoo, which was actually closer to Scott's hipbone.

The design was an infinity symbol with Scott's initials above and to the left, and Mitch's initials underneath and to the right. 

Mitch pressed a slow kiss to the tattoo, more specifically the cling wrap surrounding the tattoo. "You're such a sweetheart..."

Scott only grinned down at him. "I'm gonna clean it now. You wanna come with me?"

"Yeah. Is it difficult to do?"

"Nah. Takes like three minutes."

*

Mitch washed his hands very thoroughly, before using the specific soap Scott gave him to wash the tattoo. 

He was being very careful in case it was sore, but Scott assured him that it was fine. 

As he cleaned, Mitch spoke softly. "Did this cost a lot?"

"Nah. He and I are pretty good friends so it was less than a hundred."

"Oh wow. That's super cool."

"Yeah. He's alright."

"Did, um... Did it hurt a lot?"

"I'm kinda used to it. So not really."

"Oh... But like the first time you got one..? It hurt a lot?"

Scott squinted at him a little. "Mitch... Look at me."

Mitch glanced up, long eyelashes fluttering up at him innocently.

"Do you want to get a tattoo?"

"Oh, no no. I just, um... Was just curious."

"Are you sure..?"

"Mhmm. What's the next step?" Mitch asked, looking back down at the ink.

"That baby lotion right behind you. And then we're done. It's super easy."

Mitch nodded, putting the lotion on exactly how he was told to. 

Scott then smiled at him, leaning forward to kiss him once. "If you wanted a tattoo, you should've told me. I'd absolutely pay for it, and I could ask your parents for you, and answer any questions they have or--"

"Scottie... I don't think I can get one..."

"But you do want one?"

"I mean... Kinda. I wanna get a matching one with you."

"Oh, yeah that'd be cool. We could do that. Again, I can totally talk to your parents."

"Yeah... That's fine. But you're not gonna pay for all of it, okay? I'm not gonna let you."

"Yeah, we can argue about that later." Scott mumbled dismissively, before lighting up a little. "Oh, that'll be cool! Romeo has been wanting to meet you."

"He has? Why?"

"I mean... I spend hours in there getting ink done. He and I hardly ever stop talking so... And also considering that you're like ninety percent of my life right now..."

"All good things, I hope?"

"I mean, yeah. Obviously. Besides that one--"

"What?" Mitch snapped a little too aggressively, eyes wide with concern. "Something about me bothers you?"