Sixty Eight

Alex begged to go into the doctor's office alone, which meant the others were out in the waiting room. 

Scott made sure Mitch was comfortable, positive that his ribs weren't hurting. 

Kevin had offered to take Kirstie home, before he went back to Mitch's house to offer help cleaning up all the decorations they'd scattered through the house. 

Avi still had Scott's phone in his pocket, and at some point he got a call from the school, which caused him to step outside to take it. 

The doctor just so happened to walk out a minute or so after that, finding Scott. "Are you here with Alexander?"

Scott stood quickly. "Yeah. Is he okay?"

"They've just completed the rape kit. DNA takes longer to find on a victim, but the STI's should be found within a week or two. However, Mr. Kirk claims that he wasn't actually raped, though other things were forced on him, so... I'm not sure about the results."

Scott nodded once. "I understand. But is he okay?"

"You're free to see him now. Though... I need to speak with his parents about counseling."

"They should be here any second. I called them about twenty minutes ago."

"Oh, alright. Would you just tell one of the nurses when they arrive?"

"Absolutely."

The doctor stepped out of the way, giving him a smile. 

Scott turned a little, offering Mitch a hand. "Come on, baby."

Mitch cringed a little, one hand over of his ribs as he stood up.

Scott then ushered him into the room, seeing Alex sitting on the edge of the bed while he pulled his shirt back on, legs hanging off the bed while his feet touched the ground. Almost like he was ready to bolt out of there at the next chance he got.

Alex smiled at them a little, looking down to adjust his shirt over his stomach. "Hey guys. Where's Avi?"

Scott kept a hand on Mitch's back to help him walk. "Stepped outside to take a phone call. Are you feeling okay?"

Alex just shrugged, his hands sliding underneath his thighs as he slouched over a little. Almost as if his hands were cold. "Yeah... I'm okay. He suggested counseling, and... I think that might help..? I don't know. I feel like... It wasn't bad enough for me to need counseling. He didn't... Actually rape me." He whispered the word rape, as if he weren't victim enough to use it.

Mitch finally walked close enough to put his hand on Alex's leg. "Honey... Just because he didn't go as far as he could've, doesn't mean he didn't damage you and take advantage of you. It's still sexual harassment of a minor."

"But I'm almost 18."

"Doesn't matter, honey." Mitch responded gently. "Still counts."

Alex nodded, moving one of his hands to place it on top of Mitch's. "I... I understand. Thank you... Both of you."

Scott suddenly stepped forward, gesturing to the spot beside Alex on the bed. "I'm not trying to impose or be rude or whatever. But is it okay if Mitch sits there for a little bit? I'm worried about--"

Mitch waved a hand at him. "Oh stop. I'm fine."

"You need to rest, baby."

"All I'm doing is standing here. Nothing difficult."

Alex patted the space next to him with a hand. "Mitchie, go ahead and sit. It's okay."

Mitch turned around and glared at Scott. "Do you feel better when you boss me around? Because you're being--"