Seventeen

Later in the day, Avi and Alex did end up coming over.

The four of them first went to dinner, and then Avi thought it would be funny to take them out to a club.

It was a place he and Scott knew very well, of course. He wouldn't just take an innocent twink and a star athlete out to any random place.

Immediately Scott and Avi were greeted with people they knew, but Mitch and Alex were frowned upon, as they had no obvious tattoos or piercings.

Scott claimed Mitch as his boyfriend within seconds, which automatically made him better in the others' eyes.

Avi wasn't quite sure what to do, but when someone asked Alex where his 'ink' was, Avi bumped his shoulder. "He's with me."

The large man nodded, and then smiled at Alex. "Oh, of course. Welcome to the family then, Kirk."

It took Alex a moment to realize that the man thought his name was Kirk because it was on the back of his jacket.

He smacked Alex's shoulder, in what he thought was a friendly way, as he walked away.

Alex tried to take the hit casually, but when the man left, Alex let a hand come up to grip his shoulder. "Ow, Jesus fucking--"

Avi laughed to interupt him. "Sorry about him. He's like... Forty somethin'. Still has no idea how big he is."

Alex glanced around the dimly lit place, people everywhere. As he observed all of their tattoos, he felt more and more out of place.

Alex zipped up his letterman jacket, as it served as his current safety blanket. "You guys hang out here... Often?"

Scott was pushing Mitch through the swarm of people, making sure to stay behind him to protect him from all sides.

Once they'd reached the bar, Scott ordered two of something, before turning to Mitch. "You alright, Cutie? If you're even... The slightest bit uncomfortable, we can leave."

Mitch just shrugged. "I'm perfectly fine. Alex looks terrified though."

"Does he drink?"

"Mhmm."

"Good. Maybe I should get him something."

Mitch shrugged, but abruptly bumped into Scott when he was pushed a little from behind.

Scott instantly put an arm around him, holding him closer to his body to ensure his safety. "Sorry about that."

Mitch just shrugged again.

"Babe, you're not acting like yourself. We can literally just go home and it won't matter at all. We'll have just as much fun at home."

"No, I'm okay. Truly, I am. It's just... Kind of loud."

"Do you want to go somewhere quieter? Like... We could hang out outside and drink these and then when you feel better--"

Scott stopped speaking at the sound of Avi's very distinct laugh, seeing Alex being pulled toward the center of the dance floor with a tall, skinny woman.

He quickly started laughing at whatever she was saying to him, and fell into a rhythm with her as they calmly danced together.

Avi made his way over to Scott then, grabbing the drink he knew to be Scott's and taking a sip. "Glad he found something fun so quickly."

Mitch just shrugged, pressed to Scott's side now. "What did you expect? He's hot."

Avi grinned at him, and nodded, glancing over his shoulder at the boy they'd mentioned. "I mean... That's true."