Thirty Four

Scott and Mitch walked out of the bathroom, Scott running his fingers through his hair one more time.

Mitch looked around and then shook his head. "It's too loud in here..."

"Wanna go outside for a bit?"

"Okay..." When Scott turned to go, Mitch snagged his arm momentarily. "Wait. Be honest with me. Do I look terrible?"

"Of course not. You look perfectly normal, no sex hair whatsoever."

"Great, thanks." Mitch answered softly.

Scott went with him outside, following him closely but silently.

Upon opening the door, they were met with Alex and Avi standing close to each other as they carried out a conversation.

Mitch immediately spoke his mind. "Where's Kirstie?"

Avi glanced over. "Inside."

"Why are you guys out here, then?"

"Someone was trying to get me to dance, and I needed an escape, so I told her I was taking my drunk friend home."

Alex looked around at them. "Are you guys doing okay? The night is still kinda young I guess, if you wanna go back inside."

Mitch shook his head, hands coming up to rub at his own temples. "I need a few minutes of quiet first."

Scott spoke up. "So I'll just stay out here with him. You guys can head back in if you want. Make sure Kirstie's okay."

Alex nodded quickly. "Okay. We'll see you guys in a few?"

Scott nodded, and watched them both walk back inside. He glanced over at Mitch. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah... My head is better. Maybe a little longer?" Mitch responded, bringing his arms against his chest for warmth.

Scott couldn't help but feel a little bad, and he slid his flannel off of his shoulders, before slipping it onto Mitch, leaving him in a black tank top.

Mitch tried to shake the flannel off. "Scottie, you'll freeze, honey."

"No, I'm fine. Take it... Please?"

Mitch accepted it quickly, mostly because he was really cold, but also because he was excited to go back inside and show off all of Scott's tattoos that were now on display.

Scott quickly rubbed Mitch's upper arms, trying to warm him. "Is that better?"

Mitch nodded, practically swimming in the large flannel he now wore. "A lot better, thank you."

Scott glanced over toward the wall of the building. "So.. What do you think Avi and Alex were talking about?"

"No idea. I don't know what they could find to talk about."

"I mean... They seem kind of close, lately. Don't you think?"

"Yeah... I do, actually. It's kind of cute."

"Cute?"

"Well sure." Mitch glanced over when the club door swung open loudly, two drunk people stumbling out.

The female of the two ended up with her back against the wall of the building, the man cornering her in with a smirk. She smirked right back, grabbing his shirt to pull him into a kiss.

Mitch's eyes widened and then he looked up at Scott. "Oh dear."

Scott turned to look, but Mitch grabbed his arm. "Don't!" Mitch hissed, trying to be quiet.