Forty Nine

Avi's idea was the scary movie. Avi. And while everyone was excited for it, finding seats on the couch, Scott only smirked because he knew Mitch hated those movies. Hated them.

Scott took a seat at the end of the couch, opening his arms toward Mitch. "I know what you're about to say."

"Scott, I hate these movies."

Told you so. "I know, babe. It's okay."

Kirstie shook her head quickly, sitting at the other end of the first couch with Mitch. "Nuh uh. You guys have to switch spots so I have someone to hide behind."

Mitch clung to Scott's arm. "This is my shield. Get your own."

Kirstie frowned. "No fair."

Scott rolled his eyes at them and stood up. "Move over a little, baby."

Mitch frowned, but moved to sit where Scott previously was.

Scott then sat between them, immediately feeling them both grab his arms. "Okay, easy."

This left Alex on the other couch, until Avi walked back in with two bowls of popcorn-- One for each couch.

Avi set one bowl on Scott's lap and the other on Alex's, before he plopped himself down on the second couch. "Alright, here we go."

The movie had only barely started, but Mitch was already so over it. Scott hadn't thought about it until he offered some popcorn to the boy beside him, and Mitch was clenching his eyes shut, hiding his face in Scott's arm.

Scott grinned at him, leaning toward him a little, before saying, "Boo."

Mitch opened one of his eyes. "Shut the Hell up."

Scott chuckled at him, kissing his forehead. "Wimp."

"Oh you wanna talk wimp? What about the time you... Uh."

"No, no. Go ahead. I'd love to hear the wimpy thing I did."

"I can't think of anything...." Mitch admitted softly. "You overly masculine asshole."

Scott laughed again, a little louder. "Now we're interrupting the movie. Good going."

"You're the one talking so damn loud."

"Mitchell, do we need to have the conversation about the gag again?"

"Not in front of our friends, no."

Scott chuckled again, leaning down to kiss him once.

Kirstie grabbed his arm again, looking away from the screen. "Ew."

Avi leaned toward the screen a little. "Woah... Cool."

Scott looked up too, putting an arm over Mitch's shoulders just to bring his hand up to cover his eyes.

Mitch pouted at him. "I'm not a child."

Scott let his hand drop down to Mitch's pouty lip, and he smirked. "Well you look like one sometimes."

"Nuh uh!" 

"Sound like one too." 

Mitch huffed. "Fuck you." 

"Fuck me." Scott responded monotonously.

Mitch giggled at him, turning back to the screen for a few minutes, before hiding his face again. "Changed my mind. I'm a child, a baby in fact. Please hold me."

Scott grinned at him, putting his free arm around Mitch's shoulders. "It's okay, baby. I gotcha."

Kirstie'd had enough of them, resting her forehead on Scott's arm. "God, you're so cute, and I'm so single and lonely and--" She groaned loudly.

Mitch giggled at her too. "I think we're ruining Avi's movie." 

Avi didn't seem to hear them at all though, eyes having never left the television. 

Scott shook his head quickly. "He's real good at tuning people out. No worries." 

*******
That night, they all slept sprawled out in Avi's living room.

Alex had been the first to fall asleep on one of the couches, so he was very shocked when he woke up and was surrounded by both Kirstie and Avi.

He glanced over to the other couch, where Mitch was sleeping peacefully on top of Scott, though Scott was holding him with one hand and texting with the other.

Alex then watched as Scott slipped his hand underneath the back of Mitch's shirt to run his hand up and down his spine.

Alex did his best to stand up slowly, trying not to wake anyone else up as he stood.

He gave Scott a nod as he went by, and then hurried to the bathroom.

Scott was aimlessly scrolling through social media until Mitch moved a little, and Scott looked to him to see if he was awake.

Mitch tipped his head back to rest his chin on Scott's chest to meet his eyes, but then groaned and pressed his ear back to Scott's sternum. "Nope."

Scott chuckled a little, kissing the top of his head. "Baby, I gotta pee." 

"You're gonna have to wait. I'm asleep." 

"Mitch." 

"You're literally going to have to shove me off of you to get me to move." 

Alex walked back into the room then, grabbing Mitch by the hips to lift him a little as Scott slid out from underneath him. 

Scott laughed then, giving Alex a high five as he jogged down the hall to the bathroom. 

Mitch glared at Alex as he sat back down. "I'm filing for divorce." 

"Divorce? Pretty sure you have to be married to do that." 

Mitch groaned, rubbing his eyes. "Did Avi's Mom come home?"

"I haven't been awake long enough to know. Why?"

"Just thinking... Maybe it'd be nice of us to make breakfast so she won't have to."

Alex stood back up with a small shake of his head. "You're so sweet, Mitch." He held a hand out to help Mitch stand up. "I'll help you if you want." 

"Okay, cool."

Scott came back down the hall, seeing Avi waking up too. "Hey, Av? Is it okay if I shower real quick?" 

Avi was rubbing both of his eyes. "Don't care." 

"Good morning to you too, Grumpy." 

"You're going to shower alone." 

Scott looked confused for a second. "Uh... Yeah? I mean unless you needed to shower too, and uh... We could save water." He winked. 

Avi rolled his eyes. "No, I just mean you're going to shower by yourself, not drag Mitch in there." 

"Oh yeah. Sure. Is it okay if I use the one in your room?" Scott asked almost timidly. 

"Yeah, sure. You know I don't mind." 

"Just wanted to be sure." 

"Don't forget to take that medical stuff off your face before you go though. To clean it and all that." 

"Yes, Mother. I'll remember to take care of myself." 

Avi raised a hand to flip him off, and in return Scott bent at the knees a little and pushed two middle fingers toward him as well. 

Kirstie woke up to the sight of that, and was left cracking up for the next ten minutes.

*