Hundred Eighty Eight

Mitch rushed Scott inside of Kevin's house.

He'd originally wanted to take him home, but he figured Kevin or Kirstie could help him figure out what's going on.

Many people shouted 'happy birthday's at him, so he just tried to be polite and smile at them as he pushed past to find one of the bedrooms.

He had a very difficult time getting Scott up the stairs, but it was worth it knowing Kevin wouldn't allow anyone in his bedroom.

Mitch then lay Scott down, eyeing him carefully. "Babe, I'm gonna go find someone to help you. Just rest, okay?"

Scott didn't respond, he just turned over to face the opposite way.

Mitch frowned, and rushed out of the room. He hurried down the stairs, again ignoring a few shouts toward him.

Kirstie finally found him and grabbed him by the arm. "Hi!" She grabbed his left hand to stare at his fourth finger. "What..? Oh no..."

"What? What are you looking at?"

"Nothing... Um... Where's Scott?"

"Upstairs. I need you and Kevin to go help him. I think he's sick."

"Sick..? What a terrible day for that." She frowned for a second. "Well, I'll go find Kevin. You wanna find Avi? Drunk or not, he'll be worried."

Mitch nodded once. "Fair." He hurried away, pushing through drunk people.

Avi wasn't hard to find, as he was passing out Jell-O shots all throughout the living room.

He handed one to Mitch with a grin. "Hey, bud! How'd it go?! When's the Honeymoon?!"

Mitch giggled. "You're drunk. I need your help upstairs."

Avi set the tray of drinks down and winked at him. "Help, you say?"

"Not like that, silly."

Avi slid an arm around Mitch's waist, and began to march toward the staircase. "No, no I get it. You want one last night free of him, before he's all you get."

"What are you--?"

"Shhhhh, just get your cute little ass upstairs."

Mitch obeyed him, still mildly confused, though he trusted Avi enough to know he wouldn't actually do anything if Mitch told him not to.

Avi gave Mitch's ass a quick smack before throwing the door to Kevin's bedroom open. His smile dropped immediately at the sight of Scott laying on the bed miserably.

Avi hurried forward, but the instant he saw tears falling down Scott's face, he pointed to the door. "Mitch get the fuck out of here."

"But he-- And I--"

"Now, Mitch. I will not repeat myself."

As soon as he was out of the room, Avi knelt down beside the bed. "Scott, what the Hell happened?"

Scott shook his head, trying to cover his face with his hands. "I couldn't do it..."

"What? You didn't--?"

"No, alright? No I fucking didn't. I didn't even pop the question, and he told me he wanted to wait because we're too young."

"Well... You're kinda young, I agree... But I don't think he meant that the way you heard it, babe. It's not like he said no."

"Doesn't matter... My heart still hurts."

Avi ran his hand through Scott's hair. "I'm sure it does... I'm so sorry, Scott."