Hundred Fifty Eight

Mitch woke up later in the morning, closer to nine o'clock.

Before opening his eyes, he felt around the bed for Scott's sleeping form, but couldn't find it.

He peeked an eye open, only to see the bathroom door almost fully open.

Not only was Scott standing in there by himself, staring at the mirror, but he was wearing Mitch's light blue underwear.

Mitch watched him for a bit, curiously.

Scott kept staring at himself, turning a few times to check different angles.

He suddenly shook his head and rushed out of the bathroom, causing Mitch to shut his eyes and feign sleep.

Scott quickly threw his underwear off, only to grab the most loose fitting boxers Mitch had ever seen.

Scott was shaking his head as he looked at the lingerie in his hand, mumbling a few things. All Mitch could really make out, was, "Stupid... Ugly..."

Mitch wanted to frown, but was still trying to hide himself a little.

Scott finally climbed back into bed, grabbing Mitch roughly like he always does when he's insecure.

Mitch finally gave himself up, opening his eyes. "Honey...? What's wrong?"

Scott shook his head. "Nothin'."

Mitch pouted a little. "If... If I told you that I've been awake for like five minutes, would that change your answer?"

"Nope. Still nothing wrong." He mumbled, hiding his face in Mitch's neck. 

"Baby... Can we talk about it?"

"No. Talk about what?"

Mitch pushed him away a little. "Scottie, come on... Were you trying my underwear on again?"

Scott groaned. "That's so embarrassing."

"No, no, I'm not trying to... Embarrass you, just... I heard you talking. And I don't want you to think you look bad in them."

"Mitch, I just wanna go to sleep... I really don't like them, so please don't try to make me feel better about them."

"Babe... But you look so good. I... I heard you saying some awful things about yourself, baby, and they're not true."

"Mitch... Please? I wanna sleep."

"You're trying to get out of the conversation. Will you put them back on for me, please? If you're not going to appreciate them, I will."

"I would rather that you put them on."

Mitch sighed loudly. "Scottie, come on... Please?"

Scott looked up at him. "Seriously? Why are you so stuck on this right now?"

"Because I just listened to you call yourself ugly. And I don't wanna hear that ever again."

"But--"

"Please? Because you love me?"

Scott groaned loudly, rolling out of bed. "God, you're such a pain."

"I know, but you still love me, so."

Scott shook his head slowly, reaching into Mitch's bag to grab the familiar blue pair, before rushing into the bathroom. 

*

Kirstie laid out all the breakfast in front of Alex, smiling widely at him. "I made way too much, because I love you."