Twenty Eight

Exactly twenty minutes later, Scott and Mitch arrived at Mitch's home.

Scott had taken out every piercing he had, and wore the nicest clothes he could find that would cover all of his tattoos.

Mitch helped him choose an outfit of course, deciding on his black jeans along with a light gray sweater that accentuated Scott's biceps.

It had a small, casual v-neck, that Mitch thought would make it less suspicious because Scott luckily had no tattoos in that spot.

Mitch stopped walking halfway up the driveway, squeezing Scott's hand. "I changed my mind. I can't do this."

Scott squeezed his hand right back. "Yes you can, babe. This will soften the blow for the both of us, if we do it together."

"But they're gonna be so mad at me... I don't want you to get yelled at too."

"I'd rather be there to take the blame for it. It's mostly my fault, after all."

Mitch shook his head a few times, and leaned forward to give Scott a hug. "I'm scared. Just... Give me like, two minutes to mentally prepare myself."

"I'll give you like... Ten seconds. We can't be late, Mitch. That'll only make it worse."

Mitch took a deep breath, and moved away from him, searching Scott's eyes for comfort.

Scott grinned, placing his hand on Mitch's shoulder to trace Mitch's clavicle with his thumb. "C'mon babe. You're one of the bravest people I know. Always so confident in who you are. Your parents shouldn't have to be an exception to the rule."

"Wait til you meet them." Mitch muttered, reaching his hand up to grab Scott's and hold it. "Let's get this over with."

Scott began walking with him. "Is there anything I should avoid doing? I mean... Besides what we've already done together, that they probably already hate us for."

"Um... Don't curse. Don't talk about our sex life. Don't kiss me. Don't interupt anyone, if you can help it. And please please don't leave me alone with them, at any point in time."

"Okay." Scott truly tried to put those things to memory. He wanted to help in any way he could, and if he made Mitch proud while doing it, good for him.

"Also... Don't forget that they think you're Alex's brother."

"They, what?"

The front door swung open before Mitch could respond, and he flinched a little.

Mrs. Grassi smiled at the two of them. "Well, hello! Come in, you two. It's freezing out."

Mitch walked in first, feeling Scott's hand on his lower back as Scott followed closely. "Hi, Mother."

Mike was already in his seat, hands in front of himself on the table.

Scott quickly held a hand out to Nel. "It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Grassi."

"Nice to meet you too, honey. Your name was... Scott, right? I drove you home..?"

"That's correct, Ma'am. Scott Kirk."

"Ah yes. I remember now. I had no idea you were Alexander's brother! Though I see the resemblance now."

Mike interupted their conversation. "Come here a second, boy."

Scott instantly walked over, giving as much of a smile as he could. "It's nice to meet you as well, Mr. Grassi."

Mike eyed him for a moment, and Scott thought he'd figured it out. But if he did, he didn't say anything. "Nice to meet you, Scott."