Seventy

Alex had thanked Avi's mom about fifteen times after dinner, though Avi kept his mouth shut about it.

They'd watched a movie together, Alex occasionally scratching at his upper thighs.

Avi had hardly noticed it, but once he had, it was hard not to notice each and every time. "Alex..?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Was really nice of you guys to invite me over and--"

"No, no I mean like... Are you in pain or something? Why do you keep scratching?"

"Oh sorry..." Alex clasped his hands in front of himself. "Scars get itchy when they heal..."

"Oh, I getcha. Why, uh..." Avi glanced over at him. "Why are there scars on your legs..?"

"Can we not talk about it..?" Alex asked softly.

Avi nodded slowly. "Right... Okay."

"Um... Avi? I've had a really long day. Is it okay if, um.."

"Oh, of course. Yeah, yeah of course. Been a crazy day." Avi stood from the couch.

Alex stood to follow him, but gestured to the couch for a moment. "Should I just...?"

"Don't think that's a good idea. Bed would be better for your injuries. I'll stay out here."

"I don't wanna kick you out of your own bed."

"Tough."

Alex had started to follow him toward his room, deciding not to speak.

Avi turned the light on, and then gestured toward the bed. "Sorry about the mess."

Alex walked in, and nodded once. He'd expected the clothes on the ground. Just seemed like Avi's personality. But he didn't expect the bare walls, with almost no sense of Avi on them. "Not a problem."

Avi nodded once. "If you need anything, you know where I am."

Alex stood silent for a second, but then turned. "Av--"

"If you're about to thank me again--"

"No, no. It's just... I don't wanna sleep alone..."

*

Mitch woke up the next morning laying on top of Scott, but he immediately had to push himself off because his ribs were hurting. 

However they'd fallen asleep on the couch, so Mitch's attempt to get off of him resulted in him sitting on the ground, one hand holding his ribs as tightly as he could. 

Scott turned over to look at him, tiredly forcing his eyes open. "Baby..?"

"Please get my pills. Please... God, it hurts so bad..." Mitch whined, eyes squeezed shut. 

Scott rushed to get up, frowning at Mitch's naked body, before draping the blanket they were using over Mitch's shoulders. "Okay, you're okay. Give me one second."

He hurried into the kitchen, grabbing a glass to fill halfway with water, and then grabbing the pill bottle to dump a single pill into his hand. 

Scott knelt beside Mitch, using his thumb to pull Mitch's chin down so he'd open his mouth, before placing the pill on his tongue. "Open up, babe." And then he gently poured some water down his throat to wash it down. "Good?"

Mitch nodded as Scott pulled the glass away and set it on the table. 

Mitch's eyes were full of tears, as he leaned into Scott's body. "Sorry for waking you..."