Hundred Seventy Three

Alex called Avi as he walked to his car, soccer bag over his shoulder. 

Avi picked up quickly. "Wow, it's so crazy that the hottest boy at our entire school has my number."

"He does?"

"Uh huh. And hopefully he's coming over right now?"

"You're talking about me?"

"Obviously."

"I don't know if I can... But I'll stop by and say hello if you want. How's Scott doing?"

"Not good... Mitch had to go home because his parents wanted him back, so... Now Scott is just kind of laying in his room."

Alex put his bag onto the passenger seat. "Aw... Poor thing... Of course I'll stop by. Anything I can bring him?"

"Besides Mitch? No."

*

Alex knocked on the bedroom door, before peeking in. "Scott?"

Scott glanced over from where he was sitting on the bed, camera in hand. "Hmm?"

"Avi said you weren't hungry, but... I know you like these milkshakes so... I hoped I could cheer you up."

Scott looked at the milkshake, and then back up to Alex. "Thanks, Kirk... Nice of you to do that."

Alex grinned, truly believing he'd done a good thing. He walked over and set the shake on the dresser. "I'll leave it here for you, if that's okay."

Scott nodded once, and then looked back down at his camera without a word. 

Alex frowned, sitting down next to him. "Can I look over your shoulder or is that being rude..?"

Scott offered the camera to him. "You don't have to. Just take it."

"Really? Cool, thank you. Anything specific that you're looking at?"

Scott shrugged, leaning over to watch what Alex was doing. 

Alex smiled at the long row of pictures of Mitch. "These are so cute... He's so adorable, and I think you capture it really well."

"Thanks. Every artist has a muse, I guess."

Alex suddenly ran into one of Mitch hardly wearing any clothes, and he quickly looked away out of both respect for Mitch and for fear of Scott. "I'm not gonna find anything scandalous, am I?"

"Possibly. Just don't tell him. And if I see you pop a boner, I'm going to punch you until it goes away."

Alex stared at him for a second, and then nodded quickly. "Right, okay, um... Okay." He continued going through the pictures, smiling at a few of them of Avi. 

"I can print some of those if you want. I might have a few of you two together, by the way."

Alex grinned widely. "That'd be so nice." His smile slowly fell as he stared at a picture of Avi standing in Scott's bedroom with a towel around his waist, still dripping wet as he tried to hide his face from the camera.

Scott watched him stare for too long. "Alex..? You okay?"

"Sorry, just... He's so beautiful..." He blushed a little, clearing his throat as he clicked to the next picture. 

"You're right, he is... I always kind of hope to show him, but..."

"It's okay." Alex smiled widely, looking over at him. "I'll show him."

Scott put a hand on his back. "I'm sure you will, Kirk."

Alex grinned in triumph, before turning back to the pictures, and finding one of Kirstie. "She's gorgeous as well."

"You're right." Scott suddenly tipped his head slightly. "Didn't she used to have a thing for you..? Like, before Jeremy?"

"She kissed me once, actually. But she was drunk, and I don't even know if she remembers, honestly."

"I think she probably doesn't remember. Because, like... She's got Jer."

"You're right. And that's good because I don't think I could deal if Avi had another person to be jealous of."

Scott chuckled a little. "That's just how he loves, Kirk. You're a good man for being patient with him."

"Am I?" He mumbled softly, staring at a picture of himself and Avi. "I always just thought... I really like him, Scott."

*

The next morning, Scott and Avi walked into the school to find their friend group standing in a circle where they always hang out in the morning.

He snuck up behind Mitch, and covered his eyes with both hands, and then whispered directly into his ear harshly but quietly. "Who's your daddy, Princess?"

Mitch jumped against him, turning quickly. "Oh my God!"

Scott was smirking at him. "You didn't answer me."

Mitch exhaled in relief and grinned at him. "Hi, Daddy." He stood up a little more to kiss him once.

Scott kissed back, before kissing his cheek once and then his nose. "Good morning, babe. How'd you sleep?"

"Very well, thank you. Did you end up finishing that math homework you found?"

"Of course not. I haven't done homework for like four days."

"Oh, honey... You can't afford to hit your grades that hard... How do they look?"

"Fine. You shouldn't be worried about that."

"But Scott, you--?"

Scott leaned down toward him again, whispering in his ear. "You're not arguing with Daddy, are you?"

Mitch scoffed, leaning back a little, and looking directly down at Scott's pelvis. "Are you horny or something?"

Scott allowed him to stare. "Only because you're so damn gorgeous."

Mitch giggled at him, and then reached into his pocket to check his phone. "Well... There's twenty minutes until class starts..."

"Are you serious? I used to have to beg to get you into a janitors closet. And now you're offering?"

"Well yeah. I miss you, Scottie."

Scott stared at him for a few seconds, giving him time to laugh and say he's joking or to change his mind. "Let's go then."

Mitch smiled, grabbing his hand to pull him away.

Alex laughed a little, checking his own phone. 

Kevin smiled at him, standing beside him. "Something funny?"

Alex just shrugged. "I didn't think they could get it up before eight in the morning."

Avi scoffed. "You'd be surprised."

Kirstie giggled at that. "Actually I don't think I would. Those two could do it at any time, honestly."

Kevin gave another polite smile, this time to Avi. "On a more serious note... How's Scott doing?"

"He's okay. Wishes he could be with Mitch all the time, but... Obviously that's not possible. He just lays in bed most of the time, and I usually have to force him to eat. Sometimes I peek in on him at night, and he's exercising."

Kirstie frowned at Avi. "Oh, poor guy... Have you talked to him at all about what happened?"

"Well... Mitch keeps pushing him about it, so I'm trying to lay off. But maybe I can try today?"

Kevin shrugged a little. "I'm usually a strong believer in letting people talk when they want to, unless I feel it's necessary, but... Scott is a different case."

Avi nodded once. "Don't I know it." He suddenly checked his phone and groaned. "Aw shit, I gotta go."

Alex was the first to speak. "Where? Is something wrong?"

"No, just... Gotta meet up with somebody."

"Am I allowed to ask who..?"

"Nope." Avi mumbled, turning to walk away.

**