Hundred Seventy Seven

On the drive home that day, Mitch could tell that something was wrong.

He suddenly reached over to hold Scott's hand, taking it off the steering wheel. "Uh oh."

"What's up?" Scott glanced over. "Aw, baby, did your stomach ache come back?" He moved his hand onto Mitch's lower stomach, gently rubbing a little.

Mitch looked down at the hand, and put his own on top of it. "You're so cute... No, it didn't. I'm just worried."

"Worried about what, babe?"

"I don't know yet... But something feels wrong."

"Did your water break?" Scott asked with a chuckle.

"Shut up, I'm serious."

Scott moved his hand to sit on Mitch's knee. "Okay, sorry... You want me to stay over for a little while? In case something happens?"

"Would you please? I don't want you to be away from me. Don't want you to get hurt or something."

"Make sure it's okay."

"I'll text my mom." Mitch mumbled, looking down at his phone.

Scott, though he knew it was an asshole thing to do, couldn't help but take advantage of Mitch's superstition.

He smirked a little, and then very abruptly tapped the breaks, shot a hand out in front of Mitch as if to save him from the windshield, and shouted. "Oh shit!"

Mitch dropped his phone and grabbed onto Scott's arm. "Oh my God!"

Scott pulled his arm back and laughed loudly, continuing to drive like normal. "I'm so fucking sorry, I couldn't help it."

Mitch smacked his arm immediately. "You're a fucking asshole!"

"I know, I'm so so sorry, I couldn't help it though."

"You fucker. I'm never touching your dick again."

"Yes you are."

"Oh, am I? You gonna make me?" Mitch crossed his arms over his own chest, looking out the window.

"I wouldn't make you do anything; Not ever."

Mitch didn't respond, shaking his head slowly.

Scott glanced over, sliding his hand on Mitch's thigh to get his attention. "Babe... Don't be mad."

"Get your hand off of me." Mitch muttered, shoving his hand away.

Scott pouted. "Mitchie... Don't be mad at me."

"Don't talk to me. I almost had a heart attack."

"Baby, I'm so sorry."

"Whatever."

Scott frowned, turning the car down Mitch's street. "Do you want me to just drop you off? And then... I'll go to Avi's."

"Oh, so now you wanna leave me?"

"No, just-- Just I thought you were mad, and I wanted to--"

"Sorry, Hoying. You're stuck with me."

Scott nodded, taking a deep breath. He parked carefully along the sidewalk in front of Mitch's house. "Your mom said it was okay?"

"Well I didn't get the chance to text her because I dropped my phone when you decided to be funny."

"I'm sorry, Mitchie. I'm really sorry."

Mitch finally looked over, before getting out of the car.