Hundred And Nine

Alex's jaw fell open a little. "Oh my God, aw! That's so cute."

Mitch giggled a little, looking over at Scott who was smirking. "Isn't it? My hero."

Scott met his eyes, shaking his head a little. "Don't even. I was just protecting what's mine."

"I wasn't yours back then."

Scott scoffed at him. "You were always mine, baby."

Avi nodded slowly. "You were definitely his, Mitch. Hate to break it to ya."

Mitch looked between them, eyes landing on Avi. "What? How does that work?"

"Well.." Avi gave him a small smile. "That first day he talked to you... That's when I knew. He'd never do that for anyone else. And even when I drove him home that same day, he told me you were--"

"Avriel." Scott snapped, giving him a scowl.

Avi held his hands up in surrender. "Nevermind."

Mitch turned and grabbed Scott's arm. "No, no you don't get to do that. You have to tell me."

Scott just looked at him. "Sorry."

"No. Scott. Tell me."

Scott shook his head slowly, and turned to look at Avi. "You just had to open your big fucking mouth."

"He asked." Avi defended. "Why don't you just tell him? He'd think it's cute."

"No. Avi, I'm serious."

Mitch exhaled loudly, leaning over to whisper something to Scott that made Scott's eyes get wide.

Scott spoke quickly. "I told him that I'd take care of you, and I'd sooner die than let you get hurt. And when he said I barely know you, and I shouldn't be saying things like that about someone I hardly know, I told him that there was something about you; Something familiar. Something that my soul recognized, and that's how I knew we'd spend the rest of forever with each other. Because I needed you."

Mitch could only blink at him. "You.. You said all that?"

Avi confirmed for him. "Hell yes he did. I thought it was totally ridiculous until you guys actually started dating."

Scott figured out a way to slyly change the subject while also bringing it back to the original intention of telling their dating story. "Yeah, see? Dating can be a good thing."

Alex smirked a little, but Mitch was still stuck on the other topic, so he didn't say anything.

Avi only shrugged, leaning back in his seat on the couch. "Yeah, I guess. I figure you and Mitch are getting married anyway."

"Which we only discovered because he and I started dating." Scott pointed out.

Mitch was still lost, and he reached out to grab Scott's hand. "I wanna get a tattoo."

Scott glanced over. "What? Now?"

"Yeah. Right now. Please. And... I want them to go with us."

Avi jumped up off the couch, holding his car keys in his hand. "Dude, spontaneous tattoos. Hell yeah."

Mitch smiled at him, and then held Scott's hand tightly. "And I know exactly what I wanna get."

*

Mitch squeezed Scott's hand again, as the needle touched his skin once more.

Scott's eyes were locked on Mitch's face. "You okay?"