Five

Scott had gotten Mitch a blanket, so he could sit comfortably on the couch.

Mitch was much too busy snooping around the house to notice though, as this was his first time in Scott's house.

When Scott walked back into the living room to hand over the blanket, Mitch wasn't there. Scott tossed the blanket down, and then started walking toward the hallway. "Mitch?"

Mitch peeked his head out of Scott's bedroom. "Yes?"

"Why are you in my room?"

"I was just curious... Can I look?"

"Sure. I don't care. You won't find anything interesting, I promise."

"I already found your porn collection, so."

"No you did not." Scott scolded, a smile on his face as he walked into the room behind him. "I keep it hidden."

Mitch giggled, opening one of Scott's drawers. "Really?"

"No, I'm just kidding."

Mitch looked over his shoulder to meet Scott's eyes. "I don't believe you."

Scott pushed Mitch against the dresser he was currently snooping through, his hips pushing against Mitch's. "Why not?"

Mitch almost forgot what they were talking about, as he felt Scott press against him, pinning him to the dresser. "What?"

"Why don't you believe me, babe?" Scott was very aware of how flustered Mitch was, and it only encouraged him as he leaned down a little to nibble on Mitch's ear.

"Because... You're always horny. You probably have porn coming out your ears."

Scott chuckled, and took a small step back to give Mitch some space. "You're not wrong."

Mitch flipped around quickly. "So you do have porn! I knew it!"

"No, I really don't have any. Now, do you want me to show you around or not? Or... We could stay in here, and... I could show you around my bed?"

Mitch glanced over at the bed, giving it some legitimate thought, but then smiled and shook his head. "Nah. I think that can wait."

*

It only took a few minutes for Scott to show him around the entire house, seeing as he didn't go into detail, only covering the essentials.

Mitch finally sat himself down on the couch, Scott sitting beside him.

Mitch took a deep breath, and then looked over. "So... About that bed..?"

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

Mitch pouted at him, looking down at his hands. "But... It's such a good day now. I got to see your house, and better yet my mother is letting me hang out in your house... I don't want to ruin it."

"Mitchie, you were almost in tears this morning. Please talk to me."

Mitch was quiet for a moment, before he stood up and sat down directly beside Scott, and then turned to face him. "Okay. Hold my hand though."

Scott didn't hesitate, grabbing Mitch's hand as he locked eyes with him.

"My mother yelled at me this morning. And... She might've gotten a little physical with me."

"Might've? Mitch, what the Hell? Tell me what happened."

"She was mad at me about one of my grades... It still hasn't come up as much as she wants. And when I tried to tell her that I was truly giving it my all, she yelled at me and pushed me. But I wasn't expecting it, so I kind of fell to the ground... And that's when I texted you."

"She pushed you onto the ground? What the fuck?" He stood up, pulling his car keys out of his pocket. "Fuck this bitch, I'm going over there."

Mitch snagged his wrist. "Wait! You can't! Scott, you can't just drive over there and beat her up. She's still my mother."

Scott turned slowly, looking down at the upset boy on the couch.

"I just... I just told you because I was terrified, and... You make me feel safe, so..."

Scott grinned a little, and sat back down beside him on the couch. "I'm glad you feel that way about me, babe."

"Yeah well... The tattoos help, I guess." Mitch responded offhandedly, reaching out to touch some of the ink on Scott's forearm.

Scott held his arm out for Mitch to do whatever he wanted, while he just watched the shorter boy poke and prod at his skin.

Mitch looked up at him, after pointing to one. "Why'd you get this one?"

Scott glanced at his arm to see which he was talking about. "Oh... I got that one when Avi went to get his skull done. Have you ever seen it? On his neck and shoulder and all?"

"Kind of... Like when it peeks out of his shirt, yeah."

"Yeah. It took a long time to get done, and I was bored, so... I got a tattoo."

"Wow. That was really heartfelt, I'm proud of you."

Scott glared at him, and pulled his arm back over to himself.

Mitch laughed a little. "Sorry."

Scott leaned back in his seat, reaching over to grab Mitch by the shoulders to pull him closer. "Do you want to talk about it more? Your mom, I mean... I don't want you to go back to your house if you're scared of her."

"I... I don't know. There's nothing more to say, I guess."

"Of course there is. Is there anything I can do? Like... To help?

Mitch shrugged, leaning into his side, until he smiled. "Well... Chinese food would be a start."

Scott rolled his eyes, and stood to find a phone. "Fine."

Mitch watched him go, and then stood slowly, before rushing back to Scott's bedroom.

*

After eating what Scott had ordered, Mitch glanced outside the window at the darkening sky, and frowned.

Scott was throwing away the small take-out boxes, but he stopped at the look on Mitch's face. "Are you okay? Did you get enough to eat?"

"Yeah, I... I'm fine. I just don't want to go home."

Scott set all the boxes back down onto the table and sat down beside Mitch, placing a hand on Mitch's back. "I'm sorry, babe... You don't have a car, but you have a phone. And you can call me whenever you want. If anything happens, you know I'd drop anything to come get you."

"Will you text me all night, too? Like.. Until I fall asleep?"

"Anything you need."

Mitch sighed all of a sudden. "We didn't do your homework..."

"Don't worry about it. You know damn well I'm gonna fail the class anyway."

"Don't say that. You're smarter than you give yourself credit for."

Scott didn't say anything, but stood to take care of the small boxes again.

*