Fifteen

"Mitch, come on. I'll stand here all damn day if that's what it takes. Don't tempt me."

Mitch groaned from inside the dressing room. "Stop it. Just give me one more minute."

Scott pursed his lips for a moment, but obeyed. He quickly checked his phone, responding to Avi's text before tucking his phone back in his pocket.

Mitch finally pulled the curtain back, to show off some tight, dark blue jeans. "I think they're too--"

"They're fucking perfect, Mitch. You're fucking perfect."

Mitch felt a blush creep up his neck, and looked down. "You think?"

Scott took a few steps forward, as he grabbed Mitch's upper arm to turn him enough to see the backside of him. "Absolutely, I do."

Mitch's blush intensified when Scott checked out his ass, but Scott moved to meet his eyes quickly.

Scott gave him a small smile. "But what's important, is if you like them."

Mitch just shrugged. "I mean... Yeah. But I've got one more to try on, and then I'll know for sure."

Scott nodded, and took a step back so Mitch could wander back into the changing room.

Scott responded to yet another one of Avi's texts, as well as one from Kirstie, as she'd wanted to make sure Mitch was doing alright.

He glanced up from his phone, only to see Mitch's dad walking down the aisle of the store with a bottle of wine in his hand.

Scott panicked, and rushed to squeeze into the dressing room behind Mitch.

Mitch saw him in the mirror, and jumped to hold the pair of jeans in front of his underwear. "Scott! What--?"

Scott quickly slid a hand over Mitch's mouth and shook his head once. "Shh. Your dad is out there." He whispered urgently.

Mitch's eyes widened in response, and he didn't try to speak again.

Scott let his hand fall from Mitch's mouth, as he cautiously peeked his head out of the dressing room curtain, only to see that Mitch's father had gotten a little closer to them, as he searched for something.

Scott jumped back inside the room as quick as he could. "Fuck."

Mitch only kind of ignored him, as he tried on the final pair of jeans and looked at himself in the mirror.

Scott took a seat on the small bench in the room, making good use of his time, and eyed Mitch up and down. "Damn..."

Mitch met his eyes in the mirror. "You like these better than the other ones?"

"Hard to say. But it's not up to me, cutie."

Mitch hummed, looking down at himself again. "I think... I think I like these better."

"Well good. I'm glad. They look great on you. Unfortunately I can't get them for you until your dad leaves..."

Mitch just shrugged. "I can wait. Hey, um... I grabbed something for you to try on too."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Just a tank top... So I can see all your tattoos."

Scott didn't show any facial expression as he spoke. "You can't technically see all of them until I'm naked, but--"

Mitch's giggle interupted him. "Don't say that in public."

Scott just grinned at him, and took the shirt that was handed to him. He stood up for a moment to take off his other shirt, and replaced it with this new one.

Mitch shamelessly watched him, and then sidestepped him to see the shirt from a different angle. "Hmm."

Scott didn't say anything for a few seconds, before he looked to Mitch for answers. "Well? Do you like it?"

Mitch hummed an affirmative answer. "Yes."

Scott took a small step closer to Mitch. "How much?"

"How much do I like it?" Mitch repeated for clarification.

"Mhmm." Scott hummed lowly, taking another step toward the smaller boy.

Mitch took notice of this. "Not enough to fuck in a public place."

Scott was surprised by this statement, as he barked out a laugh. "No, no, that's not-- Mitchie I wasn't gonna--" He laughed again. "Jesus, that was funny."

Mitch eyed him up and down, not sure if he should trust it yet. "Was it?"

"Well, yeah! You think I'd ever--? There's no class in that. I'm not that--"

"Hey, be quiet a second."

"--I mean sometimes I think maybe, because you look really bitchin' that day--"

"Scott, shut up."

"--But I'd never make you bend over some dressing room bench and--"

Mitch heard his father's voice getting a little closer, so he finally brought his finger up to Scott's mouth. "Shh!"

Scott blinked at him once, tilting his head a little, until he could hear Mitch's dad's voice too, as he neared their dressing room.

Scott didn't move, and neither boy said a word as he went by.

Scott snuck forward to peek outside the curtain, watching Mitch's dad turn down a different aisle.

He turned quickly. "Change your clothes, babe. We gotta get the fuck outta here."

Mitch rushed to do so, hearing Scott shuffle around too as he changed his shirt.

Scott then placed his car keys on the bench in front of Mitch, who was still changing. "You go ahead, Mitchie. I'll buy all your stuff and then meet you in the car, okay? Your dad won't even recognize me if you're not around."

Mitch nodded quickly, and then gestured to the shirt in Scott's hand. "Will you buy that too? Please?"

"Sure, why not?"

Mitch grinned, and then stood up on his tip toes to kiss Scott once, before grabbing the car keys and sneaking out of the dressing room.

Scott waited a little less than a minute, before he walked out too and headed for a register.

Scott hadn't seen Mitch's dad yet, but he wasn't really looking anyhow.

It wasn't until he was putting the change back in his wallet, and grabbing his grocery bags when he heard the familiar voice.

Scott glanced back, saw him, and then rushed to leave the store as quickly as possible.

He was grateful to see Mitch had moved the car into one of the closest parking spaces, as Scott hurried over to the car.

When Scott began backing out of his parking spot, Mitch spotted his dad walking out of the store, and quickly hid.

The first thing he could think to do, was to lean in Scott's direction, with his head way too close to Scott's lap.

Scott began maneuvering himself around the parking lot, Mitch too scared to move.

Finally when Scott turned onto another street, he spoke up. "Alright, get up. Unless you plan on doing something down there, remove yourself from my pants."

Mitch laughed as he sat back up, still looking at Scott. "Sorry....First thing I thought of."

"Somehow I don't believe you."

"What, you think I like to have my face in your crotch?"

"Who doesn't?"

Mitch nodded slowly. "Fair enough."

*