Hundred Ninety Four

With graduation fast approaching, Mitch was the most busy he'd ever been. 

He'd finally decided on a college, one that was going to pay a lot of money for him to attend. The only problem being that it was very far from home. 

Mitch immediately called his friends to come over so he could tell them the good news, having gotten approval from his parents finally.

Scott barged into the door first, running over to grab Mitch in a hug and pick him up off the ground a little. "Jesus, I'm so fucking proud of you."

Mitch giggled, hugging him tightly. "Thank you."

Avi was the next to walk in, followed by Kirstie and Alex. Kevin followed last, with an envelope of his own in his hands. 

Mitch had them all sit on the couch, offering drinks to everyone though Scott grabbed his hand to stop him. 

Scott shook his head quickly, squeezing Mitch's hand. "Please just tell me where we're going. Please."

Mitch stared at him. "Okay, I'm sorry..." He looked at the rest of his friends. "So uh... My parents were super excited when I got accepted to a school in Huston, because it's an amazing school and it's close to home. But... I also got accepted to some really nice colleges in California, which is where I wanted to go..."

Kirstie smiled widely at him. "Oooh, now I really wanna know."

Mitch looked at Alex then. "I wanted to go to USC to be with you. But... I got accepted into Pomona College, which just so happens to be like the second best college in the state. And... The good news is, we'd only be like a half hour away from each other."

Alex stood from the couch, only to walk over and hug him. "Jesus... What am I gonna do without you in my math and science classes? I can't believe you're going away..."

Kirstie suddenly jumped up. "Alex! I'm going to USC too!"

Avi looked over at her. "What the Hell..? Why did you all want to go to California?"

Alex glanced back at him. "For the beach, obviously."

Kirstie nodded once. "Alex always wanted to live in WeHo, and I always wanted to live in LA."

Scott squeezed Mitch's hand again. "So... Pomona College?"

Mitch let go of his hand to hug Alex tightly. "I... I thought I did. But... I wanna be with all of you. USC is a good school too."

Alex shook his head. "No, Mitch. You can't do that. Pomona is better than USC. You got an amazing SAT score, and you deserve an amazing school. I didn't even get an offer there, babe. You need to do this."

"But I can't do it without you. Please? My mom wanted me to go there anyway. And she'll feel better about sending me away if she knows you guys will be there with me."

"But we'll only be--"

"No, no we can get a house together, and--and we can bring everyone. Everyone can move in with us, except Kevin because I'm sure he got accepted into some genius school and he can hang out on the weekends though and--"

Alex hugged him again. "Babe, calm down... Shh, honey, it's okay. We'll figure something out."

"Please I wanna go to USC. Please, please let me come with you."

"If that's really what you want, I won't stop you. But please make sure you're positive about doing this."

"I'm positive. I am, please.... Then Scott can live in the house with us, and Kirstie can stay and Avi if he wants to, and--"