Thirty Six

In the morning, the first thing Scott heard was a loud groan.

Mitch held his head with both hands, hiding himself under the covers. "Oh my God."

Scott turned over to frown at him, lifting the sheets a little to see the top of his head. "Good morning. Feeling like shit, I assume?"

"Mhmm. Could you go ask Kevin..?"

"Of course, honey. I'll be right back."

"Please hurry."

Scott stretched out one of his shoulders and then stood from the bed and wandering out of the room.

Avi was still passed out on the couch, and Alex was on the phone with someone, as he'd moved to one of the corners of the room to speak softly.

Scott kept walking, before peeking in to Kevin's room to see if they were awake.

Kevin was holding a glass of water out to Kirstie as she took a pill of some kind.

Scott knocked on the door then, before moving completely into the room. "Morning."

Kevin grinned at him. "How are you feeling this morning? There are pain meds in the cabinet in the bathroom."

"I'm alright. But Mitch could use one, if it's okay if I help myself?"

"Sure. If you walk downstairs, talk to Giles and he'll get you a glass of water."

"Giles? Is that your dad?"

"No. The butler."

Kirstie winked at Scott. "He's like a hot librarian, with a British accent."

"Oh, he's hot?"

"Very."

Mitch stumbled into the room, his hands still holding onto his head. "Why aren't you hurrying?"

"I'm gonna go talk to the hot, British butler downstairs. Wanna come with me?"

"No. I want something for my headache. It's killing me." His tone changed. "I apologize for my pain getting in the way of your newest conquest."

"Mitchell, I'm not going down there to hit on him. He's gonna get you a glass of water. In fact, why don't you go talk to him? I'll get the pill and meet you downstairs."

Mitch pouted. "I don't know if I can talk to anyone. I look like shit."

Scott slid his hand down Mitch's back. "No you don't, honey."

Mitch shook his head. "You're a bad liar."

"No I'm not. Do you want help with your headache or not?"

"Please please help me." Mitch begged, grabbing hold of Scott's upper arm.

Scott glanced over at Kirstie and Kevin, who'd both clearly stopped listening to him. "Say please one more time."

Mitch grinned up at him. "Please."

Scott leaned down to kiss him. "Okay, honey. Stay here."

He rushed down the stairs, walking in  to the kitchen to see a man in a very subtle tuxedo.

Scott cleared his throat once. "Um... Hi?"

The butler turned quickly with a smile. "Hello! You must be one of Kevin's friends."

"Yeah, I..." Scott felt slightly uncomfortable, so he walked forward and held his hand out to the butler. "I'm Scott."

The butler politely shook his hand. "They call me Giles. It's nice to meet you."