Ninety Nine

Scott had merely taken a sip of his drink, before Mitch decided he wanted to try it.

And well... It's been ten minutes, and Mitch is still 'trying' it.

He downed a whole drink, before he remembered that he was supposed to drive. "Oh no..."

Scott chuckled at the look on his face. "It's okay, baby." He leaned down to kiss him once, now sitting beside him at the bar. "I'll stay sober. It's alright."

"You already had alcohol today."

"So? It's basically out of my system. Watch." Scott then did the trick of touching his nose with his pointer fingers, with his eyes closed. "Look at all that sobriety."

Mitch simply took a final sip of the drink, before he set it down loudly. "Oh shit, I was supposed to pay for your drinks. Fuck, I'm a bad boyfriend."

"No you're not. Damn you curse a lot with alcohol in you."

"Apparently so." Mitch mumbled, just as Scott waved the bartender over to order Mitch a second drink.

Scott then cleared his throat a little. "Hey, Mitchie? Before I totally lose you to these drinks... Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"This is a weird question, but I just want to be sure... Has anyone ever, like... Hit you?"

"Hit me? You mean like... Someone you'd want to beat up for me?"

"No, no, I'm not being... Vengeful. But... I'm just making sure."

"Let me think for a sec... No." Mitch hardly paused, and Scott wasn't sure if he was being funny or not.

"Mitch, I'm serious... Please tell me."

"I'm serious too. Nobody has ever hit me. Mom pushed me down that one time, but... Apart from that, no."

"You promise?"

Alex rushed over then, grabbing Mitch's shoulder. "Please please come dance with me? Just this one song?"

Mitch turned quickly, nodding quickly. "Of course!" He grabbed his drink, and hurried to follow Alex.

Scott grabbed his arm, but when Mitch turned to question him, Scott decided against what he was previously going to say, and let go of Mitch's forearm. "Just... Have fun."

After they scurried off, Avi walked over and plopped down beside Scott. "Hey there, Handsome. Come here often?"

"Are you drunk already?"

Avi chuckled a little. "No. But if you're staying sober, maybe I will too. You and I get drunk all the time, so... Maybe we oughta give them a chance."

Scott only shrugged. "If you wanna get drunk, then do it. It's up to you."

"No worries." Avi reached out and placed a hand on Scott's thigh. "Maybe I'll do that thing people do in the movies, where I make both of our boys jealous and then you and I get to go home with those boys and do some freaky things."

Scott looked down at his leg, practically glaring at Avi's hand. "Does that actually work?"

"I'm willing to find out. Are you?"

Scott looked up at him slowly, and then reached over to put his own hand on Avi's leg, sliding it along the inside of his thigh. "I can't believe we're totally sober."

"Well technically no. You had two beers earlier, and I had three or so."

"Whatever."

"What do you think would happen if Alex walked over and saw us making out or--?"