Seventy Two

During the movie, Avi leaned forward in his seat when he found himself fully captivated by it.

Scott's arm stayed on the back of Mitch's seat, though his hand moved to slip underneath Mitch's sleeve to rub a small circle into his upper arm.

Mitch leaned into him, the side of his head resting against Scott's. He liked that whenever Scott smiled or made some kind of facial expression, Mitch could feel it on his own skin.

Alex had moved the arm rests on either side of him so that he could sit Indian style across the seats, one of his knees invading Mitch's space (not that Mitch cared at all since he was leaning the other way).

And when the movie ended, Avi was the first to speak. "I enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I would."

Mitch giggled at him. "Me too, actually."

Scott groaned and removed his arm from Mitch to stand up. "Fuck, I have to pee."

Avi stood as well. "Let's go, then."

Mitch followed him, and then Alex.

Alex practically bounced down the steps while Mitch took them casually, though Alex stopped doing it to put a hand on Mitch's back to help him somehow. "Do your ribs hurt at all?"

"No, I'm alright. Thanks."

Alex only nodded, moving his hand to offer it to Mitch to help him walk down the steps in such a dark place.

By the time they walked over toward the restrooms, Avi was holding onto Scott by the belt loops on his jeans to keep him from running to the restroom.

Mitch rolled his eyes at them, but Alex giggled.

Scott tried to push him away. "Avriel, I will piss all over you if you do not--"

"Do it, Daddy." Avi responded immediately.

"Ew!" Scott shoved him again. "I'm serious, Av!"

"So am I." Avi smirked at him, and pulled him even closer. "Do it."

Scott finally broke to laugh at how ridiculous it all was. "Let go! I have to pee so so so bad."

Mitch got close enough to speak to them. "Boys, please. Act like gentlemen."

Alex spoke afterwards. "Let the poor guy pee, Avi."

Avi let go then, and Scott ran away from him to rush into the bathroom. "If you say so."

Mitch only smiled, and then looked at Alex. "Hey, Allie? Can I wear your jacket?"

Alex immediately began taking it off. "Cold?"

"Just a little. Also it smells good. Not as good as Scott, but... Good."

Alex quickly slipped it onto Mitch's shoulders, helping him with Mitch's arms as well. "Thanks I guess."

Avi grumbled then. "Can I just publicly announce how much I don't want to go to school tomorrow?"

Alex chuckled lightly, adjusting the heavy jacket on Mitch's shoulders. "I agree."

Scott walked out then, running a hand through his hair. "You guys ready to go?"

*

Mitch spent the rest of his day doing homework, having to call Alex almost four times, Kevin twice, and Kirstie once.

Scott wanted to come over to make sure Mitch was okay, ribs and all, but Mitch's parents wouldn't let Mitch have guests after dinner.

But after Mitch's parents went to bed, Mitch simply snuck out the front door, shutting it as quietly as he possibly could, only to meet Scott in his car.

Scott was still wearing his outfit from during the day, though Mitch was now in sweats.

Scott immediately turned the heater up a little when he saw Mitch without a shirt. "Babe, why didn't you put a shirt on?"

"Had to convince my parents I was actually going to bed."

Scott put the car in park quickly, and then opened his car door to get out, take his sweater off quickly, and then sit back down.

He held it out toward Mitch. "Put this on."

"Scottie, it's not even that bad, I--"

"I'm not asking, Cutie. Put it on."

Mitch frowned at him, but obeyed, covering the white wrap around his injured ribs with Scott's grey sweater. "Better?"

"I just don't want you to be cold, baby." Scott shifted in his seat awkwardly. "I just realized how bad my stomach looks when I sit down."

Mitch glanced over at him. "Don't even. You look damn good."

Scott pulled his eyes away from his stomach. "Yeah, maybe. Are you tired at all? Been doing homework since you got home, huh?"

"Just a little. Everyone was really helpful."

"Oh good."

"You know what's weird though?"

"What?"

"I'm like... Hardcore craving those tiny powdered doughnuts in those white bags."

"You're in luck. I need gas. You wanna run in and get some? We can go right now and be back in ten."

Mitch glanced toward his house. This was pretty risky, but... He's young and impulsive, and has every right to be stupid. "Okay but drive away quietly, please."

Scott smiled widely, grabbing Mitch's hand out of excitement, only to kiss the back of Mitch's hand. "God, I love you."

*

Scott stood outside to pump his gas, handing Mitch ten dollars before Mitch scurried inside.

Scott leaned against his truck, but immediately flinched away when he remembered he didn't have a shirt on.

Mitch came running back within a few minutes, also carrying a bag of Scott's favorite chips.

He handed Scott said bag, and then personally shoved the change back into Scott's front pocket. "I got you these as collateral."

Scott chuckled a little. "Well.. Thanks babe. Got your powdered things?"

Mitch was already opening the bag. "Hell yeah. Want some?" He put one of the small doughnuts between his teeth, leaving enough hanging out of his mouth for Scott to bite (and he did.)

Scott took a bite and ate it like it was the most normal thing ever. "Forgot how good those are."

"Me too. Should start eating them more often."

"I can bring some when I come to get you in the morning if you want. Not tomorrow obviously but like whenever." Scott offered, turning to remove the gas pump and put the cap on his gas tank.

"No, no, don't be silly. I'll get fa--"

"As if." Scott scoffed at him before he could even finish his sentence. "You're my skinny, little twink boy and that's how you'll always be."

Mitch giggled as he got into the car. "If you say so." He mumbled briefly before tossing another small doughnut into his mouth. "This is the most impulsive thing I've ever done, and I do not regret it for a single second."

Scott chuckled, getting in beside him. "Welcome to my life, sweetheart."

"I like it here. Could I maybe stay a little longer?"

"Stay as long as you want, babe. You're always welcome."

Mitch giggled at their wordplay, and then held a doughnut toward Scott. "Want another one?"

"No thanks, babe. Unlike you, my body is very aware of what fat is and will gladly store it up without my consent in case I decide to go into hibernation."

Mitch giggled again, eating the doughnut in his hand. "Maybe we should look into that. Might be my new career choice."

"Okay. I'll get you a brochure to look at."

"They have those?"

"Sure. Why not?"

**