Hundred Fifty Three

Mitch held Scott's hand tightly as they drove down to the concert. Or technically, the hotel, and then the concert. 

Mitch glanced over at him. "Did she tell you anything else?"

"No. I didn't ask. She said he was in the ICU, but after the surgery, he's back in the general population of the hospital."

"Shit... I'm sorry, Scottie. You're sure you don't wanna go see him? We have some time I think."

"No. We'll see him tomorrow."

Mitch didn't miss his slip up. "We? You're gonna let me go with you?"

"No, no, you need to contact your parents first."

"But... If they say yes? You'll let me go?"

"I guess I can't stop you. Plus... I don't wanna be left alone with them."

Mitch grinned at him. "Okay, I can do that. Should I ask Avi too? He'd probably be nice to have at your side."

"Yeah, I was getting to it. But I didn't wanna interrupt him and Alex. Lord only knows what they're doing."

*

"Avi, I wish I could, but I really can't be late."

"Let me go with you, then."

"You need a shower, first."

"So I'll meet you at the field later."

"Aren't you gonna feel weird just sitting on the sidelines watching a bunch of boys practice?"

"Not really. I mean... Maybe a little."

Alex's face changed a little. "Oh shit, I forgot... I can't bring you with me, Av. Remember? Jake will be there."

"So? Sucks to be him."

"Avi." He scolded. "Please don't be like that. He's really sweet, and I shouldn't have been so awful to him."

"I barely even know the kid, Alex. I can have whatever opinion I want. For starters, he's bad at giving hickeys."

Alex covered the fading mark with his hand. "Shut up. You can't be mad at him for my mistake. You should be mad at me."

"But... I'm not mad at you. Honestly, I'm not mad at either of you. I'm just a possessive piece of shit, and I want to be mad at him for touching you."

Alex relaxed a little on the couch, putting his hand on Avi's knee. "Okay well.. It's sweet of you, but dial it back a little, okay? He didn't do anything wrong."

Avi put his hand on top of Alex's, grinning a little. "Okay... So... I'll wait here for you to come back?"

"You want me to come back?"

"Sure. I mean... If you want to."

"Yeah, I'll make sure my mom doesn't need anything, and.. I'll let you know."

"Okay... Cool."

*

"Probably fuckin', y'know? Avi's mad obsessed with his--"

"Okay, Scott. That's enough." Mitch interrupted, rubbing his temples.

"Sorry... Probably true, though. Hey, uh... Is that the hotel I'm looking for?"

Mitch opened his eyes to peek, and nodded once. "Mhmm. Concert is at an arena that's like... Ten minutes out?"

"Okay, cool." Scott pulled into the parking lot, taking a close spot, before turning the car off and smiling at Mitch. "We did it."