Hundred Twelve

Mitch woke up early that morning, only to see Scott rushing to the bathroom. 

Scott waved him off though. "Just needa pee, Mitch. Go back to sleep."

Mitch turned over, leaning closer to Scott's pillow, and fell asleep. 

When he woke up a second time, Scott wasn't in the room. But a few seconds later, he walked in and closed the door quietly as if he didn't know Mitch was awake. 

Mitch sat up a little, the blankets falling off his chest as he reached up to rub his eyes. "Morning."

Scott jumped a little. "Oh, shit, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's okay. Why are you all dressed and stuff?"

Scott looked down at himself, trying to decide if he should feign ignorance or not. He decided against it though, and then pulled a flat box out of his pocket. "Sorry... Uh... I wanted to get you something... Because I know I'm gonna miss you tomorrow..."

"Tomorrow?" Mitch rubbed his other eye, and then his hands fell onto the covers. "You're leaving tomorrow? So that means you won't be back until Friday or Saturday?"

"Yeah... I know it's last minute, and trust me I wouldn't be doin' it if I didn't have to."

Mitch frowned. "I'm gonna miss you too..."

Scott walked over, kneeling down beside the bed to kiss Mitch's shoulder once. "But I'll tell you the instant I get home. And I'll text you every single second of every single day, and... Avi will look out for you..."

Mitch shook his head slowly, reaching out for Scott's hand. "I'm still gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you more. I promise you that." Scott then passed Mitch the box from his pocket. "I want you to wear this every day that I'm gone, so I'll still be with you."

"God, you've always been such a sap." Mitch shook his head again, taking the box. "I will not accept this if it costs over twenty dollars."

"Price doesn't matter."

"Oh no... So thirty?"

"Still doesn't matter."

"Fuck, Scott... Forty?"

"Mitchie, it doesn't--"

"Okay so forty. Scott, you know I love you. But that's too much to spend on me."

Scott sighed loudly. "Why don't you open it before you decide to hate it?"

"Baby, I don't hate it." Mitch obeyed though, opening the box and gasping at what he saw. It was a thin, silver bracelet, with a small engraving of 'my dearest love' on it. "Scott... This is so fucking precious, oh my God. I'll cherish this forever and ever."

"Perfect. And I'll cherish you in return."

Mitch's eyes suddenly shifted to Scott's adorably squishy-looking face, and his stupid blue eyes that everybody notices and then fall in love with. (Including Mitch)

Mitch ran his fingertips down Scott's beard, which Scott had recently trimmed, and he smiled at the romantic boy that he claimed as his own. "Thank you..."

Scott grabbed Mitch's hand to bring to his lips and kiss his knuckles once. "Anything to make you happy, babe. And... I'm sorry I can't take you with me. But I'll feel better if you're home, where you're supposed to be."

"And I'll feel better when you make it back in one piece. So help me God, if your dad throws something at you again, I'll drive myself down there just to smack the shit outta him." Mitch then held a hand over his mouth. "Oh my God, I sound just like you."