Hundred Twenty Four

Mitch sang for about ten minutes, until Scott fell asleep with one of the headphones in.

Mitch smiled at him once he did so, and then briefly tabbed out of the video chat to text Alex to take the headphones off.

He then watched as Alex came into frame to gently pull the headphone out of Scott's ear, unplugging them so Scott would be able to hear Mitch when he woke up. Alex then set the headphones on top of Scott's bag.

Alex peeked at Mitch in the screen. "Sweet dreams, Mitchie. See you in the morning."

Mitch waved at him a little, before starting to get comfortable in bed. "Goodnight, Lex. Will you, um... Pull the blanket up a little higher? I don't want him to get cold..."

He seemed almost embarrassed about it, but Alex obeyed him, gently pulling Scott's blanket up over his bare shoulder, stopping for a second to admire the tattoos on that arm. "Better?" He whispered.

Mitch smiled at Scott's sleeping face, and nodded. "Yes, thank you. Sleep well."

"Thanks." Alex then turned the light off in the room, and crawled into bed beside Kirstie.

She clung to him a little. "Do you mind if I..?"

"No. Whatever you need, honey. Are you okay?"

"Mhmm... Avi calmed me down. Thanks for asking..." She glanced over at Scott's bed. "Is he gonna be okay all by himself?"

"I offered for us all to cram into a bed, and he told me he can't, because he's sleeping with Mitch tonight."

Kirstie shook her head slowly. "Aw... That's so cute."

*

In the morning, Scott woke up first, squinting at Mitch until his brain caught up to what was going on.

Scott smiled at him, scooting a little closer to the edge of the bed so he could be closer to Mitch.

Mitch was asleep on his back, head tilted slightly toward Scott as he breathed quietly. He was holding the teddy bear from Scott under his arm, the letter Scott had written him open and laying beside him as if he'd fallen asleep reading it.

And for some reason something clicked in Scott's head. That maybe he and Mitch were gonna last. Maybe they wouldn't be like every other high school couple that fell apart.

Scott stared at him for a bit longer. He hated the way he loved how the light streaming into Mitch's room through his window made his skin glow. He hated how much he loved it, because he hated that he wanted nothing more than to hold him.

Scott waited a little longer, but suddenly realized he needed to pee. He really hoped Mitch would wake up soon.

As if Mitch heard him, Mitch shifted a little in bed. After opening his eyes, he looked toward Scott because he remembered him being there. "Oh, hi. Are you staring at me?"

"I am." Scott confirmed without hesitation. "You're fucking gorgeous." He said softly, only mildly aware of the other people in the room.

Mitch rubbed one of his eyes, turning onto his side to smile at Scott. "Thank you... You're so sweet."

"Okay, now I really really have to pee, so I'll be right back."

"Scottie, you were awake before I was. Why didn't you pee?"

"I didn't want you to wake up while I was gone. Didn't want you to be alone..."

Mitch stared at him for a second. "Oh honey... You're too cute."