Four

Mitch was honestly impressed at how capable Scott was of actually doing work.

Scott had ended up doing most of their classwork for their first class, all of it for their second class, and even went to talk to Mitch's culinary teacher at lunch so she'd know that Mitch wasn't okay but didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

At lunch, Scott took Mitch out to feed him and get him even more coffee to keep him happy.

During their last class, Scott had math, but he left halfway through to go to culinary and check on Mitch.

Luckily, the class had been working on something, so Scott walked right up to the teacher. "Is he still here?"

She nodded, and pointed toward her office. "I closed the door so it would be a little quieter. I have a pillow and a blanket in there as well."

Scott tilted his head a little. "You keep a pillow and a blanket in your office?"

"You just cut class, didn't you? I won't tell if you don't." She winked at him playfully.

Scott huffed out a laugh. "Listen. My teacher would be more shocked if you told her I hadn't cut class. But I'll keep your secret anyway, because you're being nice to my baby."

"Fair enough. Make sure he's alright, would you?"

Scott nodded once, and turned to walk into her office. He closed the door quietly, smiling a little at Mitch taking a nap on the ground, curled up into a little ball underneath the blanket.

Scott knelt down on the ground, and gently kissed Mitch's forehead, before rubbing it in with his thumb.

Mitch peeked up at him all of a sudden. "Scott..?"

"Hey, babe. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"Why are you here? You have math..?"

"Wanted to check on you, babe."

Mitch frowned. "Scott, you know better. You can't keep missing that class."

"Don't scold me like a parent. I wanted to check on you. Just thank me."

Mitch closed his eyes. "I'm not gonna thank you for waking me up. But... It was sweet of you to look for me."

Scott laid himself down beside Mitch, throwing his arm over Mitch's waist. "Are you okay, babe? I promise I'll drive you directly to my house after school, and you can sleep as long as you want. I can make dinner, or whatever you need."

Mitch nodded slowly. "Okay. Thank you. Sleeping now. Are you staying?"

"If you want me to."

Mitch paused. "You really should get back to math."

"But you'll help me with the homework, so."

"If you'd like me to, sure. But still... You're the one who has to pass the class. Not me."

Scott stood up suddenly. "I'm going to go back to class to get whatever make up work I need. Then I'm taking you to my house, so you can rest up while also helping me with homework."

"I'm not sick, Scott. I'm just feeling kind of down. I don't need rest."

"Well it's not doing you any good to be here. So I'm taking you home."

Mitch nodded and stood from the floor, beginning to put the blanket away. "Go to math, and I'll meet you in the 200 bathroom, okay? I have to pee."

"Fine. See you there."

*

When Scott walked into the bathroom, two papers in his hand, Mitch was washing his face.