Hundred And Two

Mitch was now huddled in the blanket, one hand holding his temple as his headache only became worse. 

Alex continued to cuddle into him, resting his head over the blanket on Mitch's thigh. 

Unfortunately, to add to his headache, Scott and Avi were speaking too loudly. 

Scott was sitting on the edge of the bed, Avi standing in front of him. 

Avi reached forward to poke the bruise on Scott's cheek. "You let him land a punch, that's your own fault, Kid."

Scott smacked his hand away. "Shut up. He got a cheap shot, so what?"

"Did you ice it at all?"

"When would I have had time to do that?"

Mitch finally put both hands over his ears. "Guys, please... Shh."

Scott turned a little, and then stood up to walk over to him. "What's wrong, babe? Headache?" 

Mitch nodded slowly. "Real bad. So shh."

Scott climbed onto the bed right behind Mitch, one leg bent and the other foot on the ground as he wrapped his arms around Mitch's waist. "It's okay, babe... I gotcha." He looked up at Avi. "Would you grab some pain killers out of my bathroom?"

"Sure."

Mitch leaned back into Scott's chest, keeping his head over Scott's shoulder so he wouldn't be directly in Scott's face. Scott used this to his advantage, able to kiss Mitch's neck. 

Mitch let his eyes slip shut. "Better."

Scott hummed softly, bringing one hand up to rub Mitch's temple gently, and Mitch nuzzled into his touch. 

Mitch practically melted. "Much better."

Alex suddenly made a small sound, as he shifted a little, head still resting on Mitch's thigh. 

Avi walked back into the room, handing Mitch a small glass of water with the few pills he handed him. 

Mitch took the pills quickly, and then Avi offered the same to Alex, who was upset about having to sit up to take the medication. 

Scott continued rubbing Mitch's temple, convinced Mitch would fall asleep in his arms. 

Mitch suddenly hummed, after Avi left the room again to take the glass back to the kitchen. "Did you get in a fight last night?"

"Kinda..."

Mitch hummed again. "But... Why?"

"Someone was feelin' up on you, and being disrespectful. So I put him in his place."

"Oh..." At first it was out of realization, and then the second time was more disappointed. "Oh... Honey.. You didn't have to do that. I'm sure I was too drunk to be upset."

"Doesn't matter. Nobody disrespects my boy without getting a kick in the balls."

Mitch giggled softly. "What if they don't have those parts?"

"I'm sure it'd still hurt."

Mitch giggled again, holding Scott's arm around his lower stomach. "You're funny... And it's cute of you to protect me."

Scott didn't respond, not having much to say about being called cute.

"So I guess that means I gotta take care of your battle scars, huh?"

"Just a bruise, babe. It'll go away."

"Don't care. You're my baby too."

Alex sat up slowly, squinting at the harsh light in the room (the sun) and frowning. "I need to pee."