Hundred Twenty

"No, I'm serious! And then he told the dog to fuck off. A dog, Mitch."

Mitch giggled again, holding his coffee in his lap. "I could see that. And he was still drunk?"

"Mhmm. Making me drive his ass all over town. He wanted me to drive him to your house, but of course I couldn't do that with your parents home, so he was just angry the whole time. Told me he was gonna drink glue if I didn't take him to yours."

"Really? How weird."

"Yeah. He'd do anything to hang out with you, little dude. He wanted me to shave his balls for him so you'd want to fuck him."

Mitch couldn't help but laugh outright at that. "What the Hell? He just said that? Randomly?"

"Well, no. He said he wanted to do it himself, and I said no, because he's drunk and he'd probably end up hurting himself. So he asked me to do it, and I asked why he needs to do that right the fuck now, and he said that he needed to be appealing to you."

"That's dumb. He always tells me not to shave because--" Mitch cringed a little, looking over at him slowly, sitting beside him in the car. "Shit, sorry. Is that gross?"

"Nah. I've heard all kinds of shit about you."

"What? Like what? Like personal, sexual things?"

"Sometimes. If it helps, I kinda tune him out. He's just..." Avi shook his head a little. "He's in love, Kid. He can't keep his mouth shut about you. Can't keep his mind off of you."

Mitch stared at him for a few seconds, and then grinned. "Aw..."

"It always makes me laugh, how different he acts around you in comparison to like... The rest of the world."

"I know. He's too good to me."

"I think he treats you... Exactly how you deserve to be treated, Mitch. Like a queen."

Mitch giggled a little. "He's my king, that's for sure."

*

Scott had to go visit his parents again, but this time decided to go alone.

Kirstie and Alex promised they'd be okay in the hotel, Kirstie offering to go with Alex to the gym.

Scott then drove himself to the house his mom was renting, and he sat outside for a few minutes, just to wait for the time he knew to be lunch at the school so he could call Mitch.

Mitch answered the phone quickly. "Scottie? Hey baby, what's up?"

"Just... Want you to know that I love you, just in case I get crucified when I see Rick again."

Mitch chuckled a little. "Honey... You could take him. Easy. And Alex would help, I'm sure."

"Alex is back at the hotel, but... Thanks."

"What? Why? I thought the whole point of them going was to--"

"I know, but after what happened yesterday... I kept seeing Rick look at Alex weird, and they both had to listen to me argue, and... I don't know. They're doing me this favor, so. I don't want them to have to be uncomfortable and upset the whole time."

"Looking at Alex? Scott, what the Hell are you--?"

Avi suddenly snagged the phone out of his hand, speaking loudly to Scott. "What the fuck are you talking about? What the Hell is going on?"

"Nothing I can't handle, Av. I promise. I wouldn't let anything happen to him."

"You're telling me I need to drive down there and punch this fucker in the dick?"