Forty One

Mitch immediately sat down beside Scott at the table, reaching a hand out toward him.

Scott just blinked at it. "You want to hold my hand, or..?"

"No, give me your wallet."

Scott was quick to hand it over. "Why?"

"You're not allowed to pay for this dinner."

"Aw but Mitchie--"

"Nope." Mitch slid the wallet into his back pocket. "Your credit card has been declined."

"But--"

"Nope."

"Mitch, plea--"

"Nope."

Scott sighed loudly. "I won't be happy about it, but fine."

Mitch smiled at him, leaning toward him for a kiss.

Scott quickly met his lips, but pulled away. "That's all you get."

Kirstie laughed at them, and then shoved a menu toward Scott. "Stop being all passive aggressive. Mitchie is just trying to be cute."

Mitch giggled and leaned toward him. "Yeah. I'm just trying to be cute. Order something expensive." 

"No. That's mean." 

"No it isn't. Use all my money. Do it." Mitch teased, looking down at his menu. 

"Oh, I'll use you alright." Scott muttered softly. 

Avi faked a gag, glaring at Scott. "I'm way too tired to be exposed to that." 

Alex looked up from his menu. "Exposed? Someone's exposed?!"

Avi rolled his eyes, and looked right at him. "Yes, Alex. It's me. Don't look." 

Alex's eyes widened. "Why are you--? That's not how you get laid, Avi."

"Oh yeah? You know how to get laid?" 

"Kinda..?" 

"Enlighten me." 

Alex hid behind his menu. "I don't know. Nevermind." 

Kirstie giggled at him, seated beside him. "I'm sure it helps to have a face like that." 

Mitch nodded too, taking a sip of the water in front of him. "His body probably helps too." 

Scott looked up from his menu quickly. "Hey."

It sounded kind of pathetic, and made Mitch giggle at him. "You're perfect, shut up." 

Alex hid even further in his menu. "You guys are the worst." 

Avi suddenly sunk down in his seat, only to crawl forward under the table, before popping his head up in front of Alex. 

Alex jumped and scooted back quickly. "Holy sh--"

"Hello. You can't hide behind that menu forever." 

"Apparently not." Alex looked down at him. "Can I help you with something?" 

"Nope. I'm just here to inform." 

"Great, thanks. You can go now then." 

Avi quickly scanned Alex's body, kind of accidentally but also kind of not. "Wow, I've never been so close to your legs before. They're nice." 

Alex pulled his legs up onto his chair as if to keep them from Avi. "Thanks." 

"Flexible too. I'm impressed."