Eighty Five

Scott finally rolled down his window to talk to whomever. "You want your usual, babe?" Though his words seemed chipper, his tone was tired and defeated sounding.

Mitch couldn't even answer him, eyes filling with tears as Scott's previous words sunk in.

Scott went ahead and ordered it for him anyway, before pulling up a little in the line. "Don't cry, baby... Please."

Mitch suddenly unbuckled his seat belt, only to lean across the middle of the car to hug Scott tightly around his neck. "Why did you just unleash that emotional bomb on me? Why would you do that? Make me cry in the middle of a school day like the mess that I am?"

*

They didn't speak much on the way back to the high school, but once Scott had parked, Mitch set his cup of coffee down and got out of the car. 

He slammed his door shut, opened the back door, and then got into the back seat of the truck. "Get your happy ass back here and cuddle me." Afterthought. "Please."

Scott hardly hesitated, taking another sip of his coffee, before setting it down and following Mitch's example. 

Mitch turned to face him, one of his legs on the chair and the other foot flat on the floor. He held his arms out toward him. "Come here."

Scott stared at him. "What? No. You come here."

"No. You made me cry. You owe me."

Scott sighed, rolling his eyes before scooting across the seat, and then leaning into Mitch's open arms. He rested the side of his head on Mitch's shoulder. He crossed his arms over his chest and started grumbling. "Sorry I made you cry."

Mitch hugged him tightly, turning his head just enough to kiss Scott's forehead. "I forgive you. And I love you."

"I love you too." Scott mumbled, closing his eyes to enjoy being held. He knew that Mitch would only do this in private places, because Scott's ego is too big for him to let anyone see him being even remotely submissive.

They didn't do it often, but Mitch seemed to know when Scott just needed to not be in control anymore. When he needed to have someone else take care of him, after having to look after himself for too long.

Mitch ran one of his hands up and down Scott's back. "Let's... Never have this argument again. Okay?"

"Sounds good."

"I didn't mean to... Presume that I knew your struggle, or... That I understood your--"

"Mitchie... Don't. I'm done talking about it."

"Okay... That's fine. Um... What class do you have next?"

"Math, maybe? I don't know."

Mitch kissed his forehead again. "You hate that teacher..."

"Yeah. He doesn't teach that well, and he's a crazy homophobe. He tries to hide it, but I can tell."

"Maybe we should like... Grope each other in his room before class starts."

"I wouldn't say no to that."

Mitch chuckled a little. "I know you wouldn't."

*

Mitch had all of Scott's homework out on the table in front of him, now that he'd gone to Scott's house after school. "I'm not doing all of this without you, Hoying."

Scott rushed out of his room, having changed into slim grey sweatpants. "Sorry, I was trying to hurry."

Mitch only smiled at him. "I love those."