Hundred Seventy

(A/N)

Kinda short today y'all; I'm heading down to Santa Cruz 🤘

But I know the Wi-Fi password for the beach house so don't fret.

***

Avi's mom had been home when they arrived.

Avi told her what was going on, and she immediately gave Scott a hug for almost a full thirty seconds.

She hugged him a lot tighter than he hugged her. "Oh, honey... You don't deserve anything that your parents have put you through. Are you okay?"

Scott shrugged a little, pulling out of her grip. "I'm fine... I think I just need to take a nap or something... Don't feel very good."

"Of course, honey. You stay here as long as you need, okay?"

Avi tapped Mitch's shoulder, and then took him down the hall. "Sorry, I'm gonna open the garage. Will you pull Scott's car in?"

"Sure." Mitch responded with a grin. "No worries." He started walking, but then stopped and faced Avi, holding the keys up. "Don't you wanna drive it, though?"

Avi smirked for a second, and then rushed over to snag the keys.

*

Avi's mom helped Scott unpack a few things into the guest room, which was luckily right beside Avi's room.

Scott flopped down on the bed loudly. "Is it okay if Mitch is here sometimes..? I don't wanna invite guests, since I'm technically a guest, but I don't think I can survive without him."

She smiled, pulling a blanket up to cover Scott's back. "Of course, honey. That's fine. He's allowed whenever, just be sure to tell me if he'll be here for dinner so I can plan ahead. And if he's gonna spend the night, I also need to know that."

Scott nodded, though he turned and buried his face in a pillow. "Thanks, Mom."

Mrs. Kaplan grinned again, before sitting down on the edge of the bed, to start untying Scott's shoes so he could sleep. "Not a problem, sweetie... Are you gonna be okay?"

"I'll be fine."

"You don't wanna talk about what happened?"

"Not really... Maybe later?"

She stood from the bed, setting Scott's shoes on the floor. "Of course. Whenever you want, honey. I'm here."

Scott sat up a little to turn and look at her. "Hey, uh... Thanks. For real. I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

"You're practically blood, Scott. Don't thank me for protecting my own son." She winked quickly, and then walked out, leaving the door open a little just in case he needed anything.

Scott smiled at the door, and then laid back down again. He checked his phone once, but didn't actually look at the notifications because he didn't feel like it.

Mitch eventually wandered in, smiling a little. He spoke softly, so he wouldn't startle Scott. "Scottie?"

Scott groaned. "Hmm?"

"Can I lay with you, baby?"

"Mhmm... Please?"

Mitch hurried over, dropping down beside him and sliding a hand underneath Scott's shirt to rest on his back. "How are you feeling, babe?"