Thirteen

Mitch passed Scott's breakfast to him, pushing it across the counter, before he grabbed his own plate and walked around to sit on the bar stool beside him.

Scott was looking down at his arm, scratching at one of his tattoos. He looked up quickly, and smiled. "Thanks, baby."

Mitch just shrugged, sitting beside him. "Not a problem. I know you can't cook."

Scott's smile faded a little. "But I try really hard."

"Doesn't matter. You still end up burning things."

Scott frowned even more. "You're so mean. So what if I can't cook?"

"First of all, you're lucky you're so damn cute, because not being able to cook romantic dinners for me is kind of upsetting. Second of all, it makes me worry about you, because I know you're not eating anything when your father leaves."

"I've got lots of snacks. I'm not just... Not eating."

"Yes Scott. And if I had a dollar for every time I've seen you call a handful of crackers a 'meal'--"

"That's not true. Sometimes I eat handfuls of like... Vegetables."

"You hate vegetables."

"Handfuls of fruit! I don't know... I'm insulted that you think I'm unhealthy."

"I didn't say you were unhealthy, Scott. I just know you don't eat a lot when you're home alone."

Scott hummed, taking his first bite of breakfast. "I guess you'll just have to come over and cook for me all the time, then."

"Even when your dad is here?"

"Yep. I'm gonna hide you in my room, and then you can just walk out and cook for me. Like a little Cooking Fairy."

"A fairy, hmm? That's cute. I'd be alright with that. As long as you promise to hang out with me sometimes."

"If you keep cooking delicious shit like this, I don't think that'll be a problem."

"Wow. 'Delicious shit.' That's one of the best compliments I've ever gotten. Very eloquent of you."

Scott turned to him again. "Okay, no. You don't get to criticize me until I've had my coffee."

Mitch reached over to poke him in the side, causing Scott to flinch away.

Scott moved from his seat, and walked into the kitchen. "Don't touch me. That tickles."

"No it doesn't. You're not ticklish. Is there a bruise there or something?"

Scott looked down at himself, and then met Mitch's eyes again. "Uh.. No. A tattoo."

"You got another one?"

Scott leaned on the counter, squinting at him. "Dear, I don't think I need to remind you. You saw me naked yesterday, and I'm sure--"

Mitch blushed a little, and hopped down from his own seat. "It was dark! Let me see it."

Scott rolled his eyes, and turned to the side to show him, but Mitch gasped.

Mitch smacked his chest, then. "Don't roll your eyes at me, Meanie."

Scott chuckled a little. "Sorry. Won't happen again."

"Better not." Mitch looked away, and reached down to the bottom of Scott's shirt to pull it up a little to see the tattoo.

Scott watched Mitch's face the entire time, genuinely curious about how he'd react to it.