Eighty Four

Alex suddenly tapped Mitch's arm in the middle of math class. "Gonna go to the restroom real quick."

Mitch nodded once, eyes glued to their worksheet. "Hurry back, babe."

Alex only nodded in acknowledgement and rushed off to do so.

He was thankfully alone until he was washing his hands, being very thorough because he kind of zoned out until he heard the door close.

Alex glanced over to see Avi walk in, and Avi grinned a little. "Hey, Lex."

"Hi." Alex only mumbled.

Avi walked over to a urinal, not opposed to continuing casual conversation. "Everything okay? You sound kinda beat."

"Just tired is all. My class load is kind of kicking my ass right now. That, on top of trying to figure out how to coach a team while also being the captain is just... Way too much."

"I wish I knew more about soccer; I'd offer to help."

"No, no... I can do it, I just... I kind of need to get more motivated, I guess? I'm a bit of a slacker sometimes."

"I don't agree with that, but.. Alright." Avi walked over to him, beginning to wash his hands before eyeing Alex a little. "How long exactly were you gonna do that?'

Alex realized how much time had passed since he'd started washing, and quickly walked over to grab a paper towel. "Sorry.. Distracted."

Avi hummed, and then decided to make a bold move. "Hey... Alex?"

Alex glanced over. "Yeah?"

"Would you go to lunch with me today?"

He tossed the paper towel into the garbage. "Uh... Sure. Why not?"

"Really?"

"Of course. Unless you were joking for some reason..."

"No, no, I'm serious. Uh... I'll come find you after math, okay?"

Alex smiled a little, and then turned to leave.

"And, uh.. Alex?"

Alex turned around, backing away from the door.

"You look really good today." Nothing wrong with complimenting a friend. "Like... Your ass looks great." ...God damn it Avi.

Alex chuckled a little, looking down at his hands with a light blush on his cheeks. "Thank you. You have such a way with words."

Avi squinted at him, walking forward to try to flick some of the water off of his hands and onto Alex, who quickly took a step back. "Don't sass me."

Alex chuckled again, and then turned to actually leave.

And if Avi stared at his ass when he did so, nobody had to know.

*

Alex then calmly sat beside Mitch, who was already pointing to an equation and asking a question about it.

Alex just shook his head. "Mitch..."

Mitch looked up, his puzzled look dissolving a little. "Hmm?"

"Someone just asked me to go to lunch with them."

Mitch gasped, and dropped the paper down onto their desks. "Really?! Who?"

"Avi."

Mitch grinned widely. "Oh good! That'll be fun!"

"I think so too... Been a while since he and I have been alone like that, though..."

"But it's okay. Because he knows what lines not to cross now. Right?"